Welcome to AppSpy's Sunday Service, the fastest way to catch up on everything you've missed from the world of mobile video games.
The Big Stories
1. Playable Angry Birds cakes are an actual thing.
2. There's a fresh new trailer for Tales from the Borderlands. It's shaping up to be awesome.
3. Gamebanjo is a bloody huge collection of games, and it's now out on Android.
4. Million's Lovers certainly looks amazing, but you lot are wondering if its art style may have been borrowed from another game.
5. XCOM: Enemy Within is out now on iOS and Android.
Both myself and James have really enjoyed our time with Golfinity thus far.
It's an endless putting game by NimbleBit that generates new levels for you to continue playing for infinity, all wrapped up in no nonsense minimalist presentation. It's lovely, and free, and you may very well like it a lot.
How we spent our weekend
James: Playing the new Monument Valley expansion, and getting scurvy in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
Peter: Travelling to Paris in Assassin's Creed Unity on Saturday, travelling to Helsinki for Slush on Sunday.
Danny: Going out for dim sum with pals and playing as much [embargoed] as possible before sorting out its video and text reviews.
We Are Steel
This week was all about the guides on Pocket Gamer, as we laid out the steps to complete sci-fi adventure Space Age, comic book puzzler Framed, and those awesome new levels for Monument Valley. All that, plus XCOM, Anki Drive, and iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6.
Over on 148Apps the team brought reviews for Candy Crush Soda Saga, GoatPunks (you read that right - GoatPunks!), World of Warriors, Super Secret Service, and gave an Editor’s Choice award to XCOM: Enemy Within. See it all right here.