We're pretty much all off on holiday from now until January, so this is the last Sunday Service for a couple of weeks. There'll still be plenty of content going up between though, including our GOTY lists, all sorts of super useful articles and buyer guides, and more.
From the entire AppSpy team, have an awesome Christmas break!
The Big Stories
1. The people behind Brink and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars have announced a new shooter called Tempo.
2. These are the ten videos of ours you watched most in 2014.
3. Wrapped up 80 Days on Android? Here's a cool list of games for you to try next.
4. Lords of the Fallen is coming to mobile next year, sort of.
5. Temple Run's good and all, but if you fancy trying something different, these Android alternatives are for you.
Galcon 2 is a minimalist strategy game that fools you into thinking it's a simple case of playing “Zerg Rush, the video game”, before slowly but surely revealing its tactical depths. The game has moved to a (very reasonable) freemium payment model too, so there's no reason to not go check it out immediately.
How we spent our weekend
Danny: I'm going to One Life Left video game karaoke, feverishly cleaning my place, then flying home to Gibraltar.
Glen: I'll be frustratedly last-minute Xmas shopping, and howling at my front door in anticipation of my new iPad Air 2.
James: I'll be approving fake passports in Papers, Please, then trying to get my actual passport approved on my way to South America.
We Are Steel
The holiday season means apps, apps and more apps, and 148Apps delivers this week with Editor's Choice reviews of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and Papers, Please, as well as hardware reviews and our staff picks for game of the year.
This week Pocket Gamer finished off its advent calendar with five more amazing freebies, reviewed the new SimCity and Brothers in Arms games, and reported on the most Googled game of 2014. It wasn't Destiny...