Drag Racer : Perfect Run Review
- Still the same fun Drag Racer gameplay; decent amount of gameplay and customisation options.
- Option to use your iPod during gameplay.
- Automatically saves your career, cars and cash.
- A large number of online flash game features are missing in this iPhone version; how do you exclude NOS from a drag racing game?!
- All the cars are blank and nameless; most likely due to possible legal infringements.
- The gear shifting controls are very messy and 6th gear is almost impossible to shift into.
While it’s not as good as the original flash game, Drag Racer: Perfect Run is still a somewhat satisfying spin-off title and is worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Drag Racer: Perfect Run is a port of the popular online flash game for the iPhone. Your goal is still the same; to buy a car, earn money by racing and continue to upgrade your car until you can buy a better car. The game is essentially the same as the flash version, but there are some slight differences throughout.
The controls have been changed slightly as players use a pedal to accelerate and must drag the gear stick up and down with their finger to change gears. This would make for some fun gameplay, but you will have problems shifting gears as it’ll either not register or just puts you into the wrong gear all together.
The visuals look about the same as the flash version, which is a little disappointing but fine. The game is limited to sound effects only, but players can use their iPod during gameplay if they choose to. The game is single player only, but there are a ton of different race and customisation options to keep players happy for a while.
Drag Racer: Perfect Run is a good port but lacks some of the things that made the flash version so much fun. Perfect gear shifts, car show modes, Dyno options and, worst of all, Nitrous Oxide and Turbo features have all been excluded. It doesn’t make the game bad, just not as great as the original. But if you love drag racing games, then there’s still a lot of the original gameplay here and high octane fun to be had.
DescriptionRace, Customize and Upgrade your favorite cars in this adaptation of the old Drag Racer games.
- So Many Cars to Customize
- Each Car with all new custom parts
- Unlimited customization
- Amazing Level Pack
- Now with amazing auto refill NOS.
===== Tips for the new controls :
- Tap & Hold the Accelerator Button to go forward
- Hit the Accelerator too early, and the car will burnout
- Hit the break button to drift the car.
- When the RPM reaches about 6k RPM, the green light will turn on, this is the best time to shift gears
- To Shift, tap the up arrow to the next appropriate gear (think like a standard transmission car)
- If you don't know how to drive stick, read the numbers on the RPM, (Early Shift might get down if you tap down arrow)
- For Pro Racer try to imagine that you are driving a real car.
- RPM has a small turbo meter on left and NOS meter on right
===== Tips with Gameplay :
- if you start with a high number in a stat, that stat will grow quicker with upgrades (a car with high HP will have a higher maximum HP)
-Race as much as you can and earn as much as you can so that you can unlock amazing new features.
- Keep your weight down as you upgrade (use weight reduction) as this effects how quickly your car goes in the lower RPMs
- When your in the middle of a journey, you can leave, do some quick races, make some money, upgrade your car, then return to the tournament. If you lose a race however, you lose the tournament.
Have Fun & Customize your cars! More cars are on the way, as well as more challenges & tournaments.
What's New in Version 3.0After analyzing your reviews we made following changes.
All new 3D Designs
Amazing Car Modifications
Pack of all new cars
Amazing game controls
Auto NOS Refill
Gear Transmission Effects
Modify your car to beat your oponents