Hi, How Are You: 40 Awesomely Totally Ridiculous and Very, Very Cool Levels of Bizarrely, Bizarre Fun! Review
- Beautifully rendered and fluid visuals.
- Gameplay is actually quite addictive.
- The game’s style is exceptional and something new to players.
- This is a really abstract game and may deter some, more serious, players.
- The gameplay can get a bit repetitive after a while.
If you’re someone who enjoys some a surreal experience, then Hi, How Are You may be worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
If you are a fan of quirky games with a lot of style then get ready for Hi, How Are You. Players must play as a small frog like creature as you try to rescue your true love after she was kidnapped by the devil. You must progress through a series of levels by hopping on each of the green tiles to turn them into a solid colour. You must navigate each map and avoid any dangers as fast as you can to earn different trophies and move on to the next stage.
Players use the iPhone's tilting capabilities in order to move your character and can tap on the screen in order to jump. Players will also need to use the two stop buttons to wait for lifts or passing dangers in order to continue the level.
The hand drawn, 3D rendered visuals will stand out almost immediately. And while they may seem a little crude, they are extremely well done. The sound quality is top notch and the content helps immerse players into this surreal environment. But players can use their iPod if they want a more familiar audio track. The game features one main game mode, but levels can be repeated for a better score and a chance to unlock more in game achievements.
This is a great game to have a look at if you want something new and unusual to play. The gameplay is strangely alluring and levels becoming increasingly harder; incorporating puzzles into the otherwise simple gameplay. This is definitely a game that will leave a lasting impression on players; whether it’s a good or bad, it’s one you won’t soon forget.
DescriptionLeap to victory in this fusion of interactive music video and classic platforming action!
"...a kind of psycho-religious version of Frogger..." - New York Times
"Daniel Johnston's iPhone Game Is Predictably Bizarre, Bizarrely Fun" - Gizmodo.com
"...Hi, How Are You has taken on a whole new layer of awesome..." - TouchArcade
Hi, How Are You is a 3D platformer based on the art and music of the late Daniel Johnston, and starring his well-known character, Jerimiah the Innocent. Jerimiah has been transformed into a frog by an evil force and must reverse the curse to rescue the love of his life. Help him regain his true form by outrunning, outsmarting, and outmaneuvering his enemies through increasingly tough obstacles in a bizarre, otherworldly universe. It's not enough just to find the exit — Jerimiah has to hop on every green square in the stage to open the way forward, and each labyrinthine level contains special bonus squares as well. With 40 different stages and 4 different forms, you've got your work cut out for you!
The entire game showcases Daniel Johnston’s music, creating an interactive music video like no other. High scores aren’t the only prize either, as each new achievement unlocks a unique piece of Daniel’s artwork.
* An Awesome Soundtrack: Hop along to tunes drawn from Daniel Johnston's 2001 album, Rejected Unknown!
* Explore 40 Stages: Discover hidden secrets, find time-saving shortcuts, and set foot on every green square to open the path forward!
* Take Daring Leaps: As a frog, Jerimiah is able to cover some pretty serious distances with his jumps. Cross wide gaps and climb to great heights!
* Stylish Graphics: Travel through worlds inspired by Johnston's artwork and see his sketches come to life in full 3D!
* Master Different Forms: Jerimiah begins the game as a frog, but he'll eventually take on three other forms, each with their own unique properties!
* Choose Your Controls: Play with virtual buttons for a more classic experience, or use tilt controls to really get moving! Hi, How Are You also supports MFi, XBox, and PlayStation controllers.
Hi, How Are You is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
What's New in Version 3.1.7Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!