Stinger Table Hockey Review
- Nice visuals.
- Lots of options.
- Interesting idea.
- Controls take a lot of getting used to.
- A lot of luck required.
This is table hockey as an iphone game. That should tell you whether you'd like to give it a try or not.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Hockey is an interesting sport. It would probably make a good iphone game. Table Hockey though? That came out of left field. That's right. Stinger Table Hockey is a hockey game where you slide you players around on their lines of movement while twisting them to flick the puck towards the opposing goal.
Control can take some time getting used to. Tapping a player and then dragging your finger up and down moves them along their path while dragging side to side turns them clockwise or anti-clockwise. There are mini games to help train you with this system, but in a game that's already partially luck based, more cohesive controls would have been nice.
The players inhabit a 3D rendered hockey rink, that represents everything well. The sound effects are a little annoying but the music is fun to listen to during play. Aside from single games, there is a tournament, multiplayer, and the aforementioned minigames, so there's a lot to do here.
If you're a fan of table hockey, Stinger Table Hockey should excite you and be worth a purchase. Everyone else might not love the idea enough to put up with learning the finer points of the control scheme.
Description#1 Paid App in Canada
Featured on CTV Newsnet
It's a game known by many names: table hockey, bubble hockey, rod hockey.
Real 3D table hockey powered by Bullet Physics. Experience the passion of playing table hockey on your iPhone and iPod Touch. Great 3D graphics, real 3D physics powered by the Bullet Physics, simple control just like playing real table hockey.
NOTE: Recommend beginners start with One Touch control, which is accessible in the Options... Controls screen. Either from the main menu or the pause menu.
NOTE: Multiplayer, recommend using Wifi whenever possible when playing against friends as it has much less latency than Bluetooth.
Many ways to play table hockey...
• Play against CPU players.
• Play against your friends, using Wifi or Bluetooth.
• Tournament to play against rival nations.
• Three Skills mini-games to improve your skills and compete.
• Hardest Shot to work on your slap shot.
• Sniper to improve your one timer.
• Shootout to be able to beat goalies 1-on-1.
It's your team...
• 38 international teams from around the world, plus 1 historical team that is a MUST HAVE for all table/bubble hockey.
• Create and customize your own teams. Including the ability to change the jerseys and paste your own logos onto your character from your iPhone or iPod Touch Photo Library.
• Stat tracking keeps track of your STHL career.
• Earn Game Center Achievements based on your stats and performance.
• Ability to choose from different rink layouts and rules.
And then there's more...
• Rocking soundtrack.
• A quick tutorial to show you how to play the game.
What's New in Version 1.5.0iOS 11 (64 bit) update (YAY!)
iPhone X support