Dinosaur Slayer Review
- Publisher: D&D Dream Corp.
- Genre: Action
- Released: 17 Mar, 2010
- Size: 19.7 MB
- Price: FREE!
- Epic boss fights.
- Tonnes of special effects.
- Excellent aiming system.
- Brutally unforgiving early in to the game
- Requires manual saves to continue.
Unless you're annoyed by challenging fights there's not a lot to fault with Dinosaur Slayer, just keep a healthy song playlist queued up.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Dinosaur Slayer by Project Soul wants nothing more than to crush you. Players will find this game quite literally hit-or-miss. Bow-defense fans will get a great new challenge while new players to the genre will find the controls much more forgiving to learn.
For most levels there's not a lot out of the ordinary from a standard bow-defense game. Each 'stage' consists of wave after wave of enemies, each with their own quirk to defend against. Arrows are fired by touching the screen to set a trajectory and holding down to set the firing power. While this is not as immediately responsive as the standard touch-and-draw-back used in other games, it's far more accurate and provides a consistent way to range your attacks.
There's a lot of depth to maintaining your castle, with an upgrade tree to unlock features like engineers to repair the castle mid-battle, harvesters to collect meat and feed your troops and a handful of magic and weapon upgrades. The real highlight are the boss battles that provide are a real threat and can't simply be spammed-through to survive. The lack of music is sadly all too noticeable, though iTunes is supported.
Dinosaur Slayer is a bow-defense game that tries admirably to revive interest in the genre. From its Patapon-inspired art to it's epic boss fights this game is a class act that's hard to pass up on.
Description1. Game Introduction
"Dinosaurs Slayer" is a defense game of guarding the castle from attacking dinasaurs.
You must defeat the various dinosaurs and great Boss with 7 different weapons and magic.
2. Game Instructions
> Operating Method
- Set the direction of attack by moving up and down while touching the screen.
- Attck by pressing the weapon or magic button.
- The arrows can be shot longer in distance with the longer pressing of the attack button.
> Processing of Game
- Player can move to the next stage after defeating all the dinosaurs during the time of each stage.
- The Boss appears in the specific stages.
- Weapons and magic can be learned and upgraded with the gold that is earned during the process of the game.
- Use for learning or upgrading your weapons or magic.
- After stage clear, it is used as maintenance fee for number of men.
- For lack of food, it is substituted with gold but for cases without gold, the men die.
- Tanning dead dinasaurs will cause the increase.
- Total number of hired men.
- Number will gradually increase when upgrading the magic and weapons.
> Battle with the Boss
- The great Boss will only be damaged when attacking his weakness.
- When the player is unable to place damage on the weakness of the Boss for the settled time, the Boss will attack.
> Certain attacks of the dinosaurs and Boss are possible of defence with arrows.
* Openfeint high-score, Achievement
----------Update version 1.4-------------
1. Castle Max HP limit 40 -> 99
2. Food +10 (200 gold) -> +100 ( 2000 gold)
3. added option quality ( high, low )
4. increase damage
(paralysis arrow, poison arrow(+), Fire, Ice )
5. fixed balance
6. fixed some bugs
-----------Update version 2.0-------------
-Added Challenge mode
-Added purchase gold
----------Update version 2.1-------------
- paralysis arrow Power Up
- poison arrow Power Up
- added new skills.( remove cool-down, power buff )
- added new boss !
- news, APNS
- fixed bugs
1. New Boss
2. New Skill
▶e-mail : [email protected]
▶ Homepage: DNDDream.com
▶ Facebook: Facebook.com/projectsoul