Invisible Links Review
- Players have a number of levels to play through, with bonus unlockable ones as well.
- The game has an original and great concept.
- The ink disappears far too early making the game incredibly hard, unless you’re The Rain man.
- Even when zoomed in, the small scale visuals make lines difficult to draw.
- No iPod access and poor sound design.
There’s a fair deal of potential here but unfortunately, there are too many issues with Invisible Links to make it a recommended purchase.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Invisible Links is a line drawing game where players must play golf on a small piece of paper. However, the golf course is drawn on the paper with invisible ink and will fade away after you take your shot. Meaning you’ll have to memorise a clear path to the hole in order to get the best score you can.
Players can practise their shots at any time by dragging the ball from the tee across the game course using their finger. When you are confident enough to take the shot, you’ll need to tap and hold on the ball for three seconds and then draw a path to the hole. If your ball goes out of bounds or hits an obstacle when taking your shot that will count as a stroke and you’ll have to try again from this new position.
The visuals are quite simple but the game can be hard to play because of the small size of each map. The sound is restricted to sound effects only and players cannot use their iPod during gameplay. The game features one main game mode but players can unlock special Halloween levels by finding 10 stars scattered throughout the game.
Invisible Links has a solid concept but suffers from some less than enjoyable gameplay. The ink tends to fade away too fast, the small scale visuals make things difficult and you’ll need to draw a line directly onto the hole to finish the shot. These, along with the game’s other issues make it an incredibly frustrating, and at times unplayable, game. Even if you’re a fan of quirky golf games, you might want to try Melon Golf instead.
DescriptionFind out what everyone is talking about in this UNIQUE take on iPhone golf!
visit www.youtube.com/polishedplay for tips & tricks video
* "Both incredibly challenging and incredibly inventive" -148apps
* "Fresh and original gameplay along with beautiful artwork make Invisible Links a fantastic game." -weplayiphone
* "I thought no game could be more addicting than Flight Control. I was wrong! This is by far my favorite iPhone game to date! A+ to the developers!" -voodoomeng
* "What a wonderfully original and beautifully illustrated concept!" -djflippy (toucharcade forums)
* "Featured on App Store front page in New and Noteworthy!" - some guy who can access the iTunes App Store
Invisible Links is the simplest SPATIAL-STRATEGY, DRAWING, GOLFING, PUZZLE, MEMORY, MAZE GAME you'll ever play :)
You direct a golf ball through a series of hand drawn golf courses. Use your finger to draw the best path for the ball, but stay in bounds or it will cost you a stroke! Sounds easy right? Oh, one more thing, the course DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU START TO DRAW.
Set in a school classroom, Invisible Links allows you to meet 6 fun classmates, each with their own unique style and drawing skills. Being the new kid in class, you've got a lot to prove. It turns out, the best way to earn respect with this crowd is to join in a secret note-passing game...
Gameplay consists of navigating SKETCHES WHICH TURN INVISIBLE as soon as they are touched (so the teacher won't see!). Use your memory skills and dexterity to master each twist and turn. Use two fingers to zoom, pan, and rotate the course to set up your perfect shot. By studying the course before it disappears, you will soon learn to beat your classmates at their own game, and claim the title of INVISIBLE LINKS class champ.
- Intuitively navigate levels using multi-touch controls
- Over 60 beautifully hand-drawn levels
- Hours of engaging gameplay
- Gather hidden stars in each level
- Navigate through Mountain Cliffs, Egyptian Pyramids, Heart Valves, Fiery Volcanos, and much more!
- Addicting… oh, so addicting
- ZOOM IN!
- Practice your shots multiple times before taking a swing. If you can't do it in practice, you won't be able to do it when it really counts.
- The courses disappear, but fortunately the paper has some landmark crinkles that stick around. Keep an eye on 'em.
- Plan your shots. By using the edges of the screen, you'll be able to do a lot better!
What's New in Version 1.2.0- Global High Scores! (via OpenFeint integration)
- Earn Achievements (Can you make the High Honor Roll?)
- Auto Zoom-in to start each course
- 9 Playable Tutorial levels to get you going (Talk to Ned)
- Easier to unlock classmates
- Fixed GPA rounding bug
- Now over 60 playable levels!