- Some great soundtrack options by famous classical composers and fun sound effects.
- There are around 50 different and unique planes for players to unlock.
- There is a local Wi-fi multiplayer mode available as well as the main game mode.
- Only 8 game levels to play through.
- No continue options if players quit the application mid-game.
- The highscore options are local only – no online leaderboard options.
If you like the draw of simple casual play, a physics engine mixed with action gameplay, or shooting down enemy ships in a giant squid shaped plane, then Mini Squadron is a worth a look at.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
For those who ever dreamt of taking to the skies in fierce dog-fights but were afraid of heights or being shot down in a fiery blaze, then have no fear, Mini Squadron is here. Players take control of a small bomber plane and must destroy waves of incoming planes in order to unlock new planes, levels and earn a hefty highscore.
The gameplay relies on quick dog-fighting action and players will constantly need to barrel roll and avoid incoming enemy fire. By using the game’s on screen joystick to control direction, this is a simple task. You’ll also need to focus on shooting down enemy planes by using the fire button and keep an eye out for any power-ups that can turn the tides of battle instantly.
Visually the game is very smooth and this gives it a lot of personality, thanks to some wacky unlockable planes. The game’s soundtrack offers a range of classical tracks from Beethoven, Mozart and other composers, but also features a range of humorous sound effects to compliment the visuals. Alongside the game’s main mode, players can also set-up one on one Wi-fi multiplayer matches, to prove who the better pilot is.
Mini Squadron is a prime example of how simple things can often be the best. On the surface the game is a basic arcade plane shooter but the simple controls, fun sound, visual options and unlockable content makes this a terrific game to play. If you’re a fan of simple, addictive games then Mini Squadron is a great play and worthy addition to your iPhone collection.
DescriptionSoar through the skies in this frantic shooter, pulling off aerial shenanigans while raining destruction on your foes! MiniSquadron's super fluid control system keeps you flying smoothly as you perform loops and dives, try not to stall your plane, and watch out for dangers from all sides. Grab power-up stars for a temporary boost and bring the heat to this wild assortment of skyborne pugilists!
- Earn Your Wings: More than 50 different aircraft ready to take for a spin!
- Exciting Battles: Take to the air in your favorite fighter and take down dozens of foes!
- Simple Controls: Piloting a plane in real life is pretty complicated, but here it's easy to fly like a pro within seconds!
- Multiple Locations: Make your way across eight different areas and take on nearly 100 waves of enemy attackers!
- Endless Dogfighting: Survival mode lets you battle to your heart's content!
MiniSquadron is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
What's New in Version 1.26.10Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!