- Strategic 'shooter' mechanics.
- Character upgrades for customizable gameplay.
- Zombies feel scary again.
- Where do those survivors go?
- Cheesy story moments.
N.Y.Zombies varied levels keep a simple idea compelling right to the end while zombies slowly, but surely work their way back in to your nightmares.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
I have to admit, N.Y.Zombies has taken me by surprise. What looked on the surface to be a half-realized zombie shooting gallery turned out to be so compelling that I'm now behind on today's work. Foursaken Media's first entry for the iPhone may be using a tiring premise, but with gameplay this good I'd even be happy defending myself against 'sparkling vampires'.
N.Y.Zombies is essentially a 360-degree shooting gallery and has seen various incarnations on the App Store already. Aiming is performed by swiping around the screen, while firing requires basic tapping. Certain guns can use a zoom function by pinching the screen, but unless your immediate area is clear this can be a risky move. Multiple slots are available for items including health packs and alternate weapons that can reload while another gun is equipped.
The game's environments are extremely blocky, but clever texturing and lighting keep the game from looking incomplete. As a result, some of the zombies do end up looking more weird than scary, however you'll quickly change your mind about them once they're eating your face off. OS 3.0 support for playlists is available, but the game's music is atmospheric and well worth keeping on. Upgrades between levels also give you a chance to choose just how you want to dispatch the horde as you progress.
Despite any grievances you might have with the glut of zombie games available, N.Y.Zombies is a game that's well worth trying.
DescriptionThere are now nearly 2 million people addicted to N.Y.Zombies! Thank you to everyone enjoying the game!!
New York City is in ruins, the streets are filled with zombies, and it's up to you to fight your way out and find safety. Blow away zombies with an incredible arsenal of weaponry in a stunning variety of locations including the streets of New York City, underground subways, abandoned highways, rural farmlands, broken down suburbs, mountain caves, and more! Or, try your hand at endless mode, and see how long you can survive -- make sure to submit your score to the global online leader board!
How to Play
- Drag your finger across the screen to look up, down, and 360 degrees around you
- Tap zombies and other incoming creatures to shoot them
- Save survivors
- Switch between up to 6 equipped weapons and abilities (make sure to use the right weapon at the right time!)
- Earn money to buy and upgrade new weapons and abilities after each level
- Blow away zombies and have fun!
- Unique mix of casual, yet strategic game play - this is not just a mindless shooter!
- 2 game play modes: story and endless
- In-depth story line
- Global online leader board
- Over 20 completely different, dynamic levels; fight in places you've never experienced in an iPhone game - the inside of a subway car, cornfields, Central Park, rooftops and more!
- In your face action: fight dozens of zombies at once coming at you from every direction
- Over 20 upgradable weapons and abilities including mini gun, shotgun, sniper rifle, proximity mines, medpacks, machete, chainsaw, and more!
- 11 different enemy types, from giant zombies standing over 10 feet tall, to lumbering fat zombies, to cop zombies, and tumor zombies
- Over 20 achievements, each with its own highly detailed trophy
- Hours of game play and tons of re-playability!
To watch a game play trailer and check out more screen shots, visit http://foursakenmedia.com/?portfolio=new-york-zombies
Follow us on twitter @FoursakenMedia