Moonlight Minions Review
- Publisher: Jonathon Davis
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 22 Sep, 2009
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Price: $0.99
- Great looking visuals.
- Auto-save and continue functions so you can keep playing later on.
- The powers feature help break up the usual TD gameplay.
- Unable to zoom in order to see the entire level, players have to keep scrolling around.
Moonlight Minions is one of the better tower defence game with a few nice twists thrown in. This game is worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Moonlight Minions is a tower defence game for the iPhone. Like all tower defence games, players must stop the incoming hoard of creatures by placing defence towers around each game level. Towers can be upgraded in order to max out the damage and increase your overall defence.
You control your tower placement by tapping on the tower icons on the right hand side of the screen and drag them to the appropriate area. You can sell or upgrade your towers by tapping on them and then selecting either option. The controls are simple and the same as any other tower defence game. With the exception of the powers button players can use to unleash a deadly attack on enemies but this must be charged after each use.
The visuals are a real treat as the cool, vibrant colour scheme is a refreshing change from other games. The sound is quite good but players do not have the option to use their iPod during gameplay. The game is single player only, featuring ‘waves’ and ‘endless’ game modes with global leaderboards options for each.
Moonlight Minions does a good job of breaking up the usual tower defence formula while keeping the gameplay simple. The game offers around 16 maps, 3 difficulties and unlockable powers from completing harder games to keep players interested. And while map navigation can get a bit annoying, it will not hinder the gameplay. So if you love tower defence games and feel like something new to sink your teeth into, then Moonlight Minions is a worth a look at.
Description** AppVee - Moonlight Minions is yet another tower defense game that is trying to stand out in the app store. If you are a tower defense fan, then you'll definitely want to pick up this game. If you're new to the genre, then this is a great one to start with. 4.2 / 5 stars
New levels and game modes coming in the next update. Visit our website http://www.moonlightminions.com for details!
Like Tower Defense? Be ready for a challenging game with a twist!
Moonbean Studios proudly presents Moonlight Minions, a uniquely captivating and addictive 2D tower defense game! Help protect whimsical forests from hordes of ghoulish creatures by strategically planting your organic defenses for optimal effectiveness. Shake and tap the screen to unleash destructive forces of nature that will both stun and kill your adversaries. Not only will you need to defend against an array of ground and aerial units, your enemies will be unleashing a variety of special powers that include the ability to teleport, stealth, destroy defenses, spawn additional units, and heal bosses.
* Online high scores: Are you a tower defense master? Compare yourself online!
* Special Defensive Powers: Unleash catastrophic earthquakes, lightning bolts and meteor showers.
* Special Minion Abilities: In addition to ground and aerial units, be prepared to face minions that can teleport, stealth, destroy defenses, create hatchlings and heal bosses!
* Accelerate waves: Experienced Tower Defense player? Expedite waves for additional bonus points!
* Unique Defenses: Build a variety of unique upgradeable organic defenses.
* Auto Save: On the go? No need to worry about losing progress
* Minimize UI: Donít want the screen to be so cluttered? Hide your defense panel with the push of a button.
* Maps: 4 beautifully hand painted zones and 16 unlockable maps.
* Free Content Patches
What's New in Version 1.3- IOS 5 support
- Crash fixes on startup