Cubed Rally Racer Review
- Cute, clean isometric 3D design.
- Fast, short sprint track designs.
- Lots of content to unlock and enjoy.
- Facebook integration is very 'in your face'.
- Minor perspective issues on several track sections.
Like other great addictive titles, Cubed Rally Racer continues to keep things interesting by mixing up the game every time you play and with such short tracks you'll be able to squeeze level out in any spare moment you have.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
While this may be the second time I've invoked 'RC Pro-Am' in a single week, it's hard to escape the immediate comparison to this classic title and nocanwin's latest release Cubed Rally Racer. Players are put in control of a rally racer and will need to complete randomly generated sprints to unlock even more objects to be used in successive tracks.
Control is kept simple and your rally racer can be turned left or right with the use of two large buttons, with acceleration handled by a third button on the opposite side however these positions can be swapped via a menu option. Handling the rally racer can take some time to get used to as you deal with the game's isometric viewpoint and physics that allow you to slide around corners. Players will need to control their speed to survive, but if you're too slow you'll run out of fuel before crossing the finish line.
The simplistic 3D design works brilliantly for Cubed Rally Racer as it allows each unlocked track item to seamlessly mesh in to the environment. The variety is amazing and if a particular track is too frustrating, you can randomize it again for another chance at victory. You'll hardly be left wanting for content in this sprint-racer and with a ghost car system you'll even be able to race against your best lap-times to score higher points.
For such a small price, Cubed Rally Racer offers a lot of entertainment that continues to be surprising thanks to the randomized level designs. Definitely worth trying for any casual gamers collection.
DescriptionHow far can you make it before crashing? Race around the track, collect gas, boost forward, drift, dodge cows, live dangerously.
• 10 / 10 - AppSmile
• 4.5 / 5 - TouchArcade
Drive over 35 different types of vehicles in thousands of possible track combinations!
Cubed Rally Racer and Cubed Rally World are two of the many fantastic games brought back to life by GameClub, fully updated to support the latest versions of iOS and newest devices.
Cubed Rally Racer is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
What's New in Version 1.3.12Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!