Bad Air Day Review
- Colorful cast of characters to deal with.
- Intuitive control scheme.
- Fluid and amusing animations.
- Entertaining despite the crass theme.
- Limited content; not much variety beyond the first handful of attempts.
Unlike other gas-related App Store titles, Bad Air Day remains fun without being needlessly gross while featuring plenty of humerous moments to enjoy.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Much like their principle subject, fart-related games are a lingering, distasteful blemish on the App Store, yet it seems their continued success is assured as many people (especially younger audiences) are suckers for a bit of potty-humor. Bad Air Day by GameHouse tries to figuratively clear the air, restoring a bit of demure elegance to what is still a bit of a faux pas.
Artie, the main character, is an elevator operator at a swanky hotel, however he has also made the deadly mistake of partaking in a Taco buffet before heading to work. In order to keep your job you'll need to prevent your toxic fumes from disintegrating the clientele by swiping the screen to waft the gaseous blob towards vents in the top of the elevator. This is no easy task as there's a whole host of strange and interesting individuals constantly getting on and off, each with their own particular tolerance to your fumes. Occasionally a fart fairy will appear, providing an opportunity to dispose of your gas without needing to use a vent, but more importantly he'll explode in to a cloud of gas if you don't satisfy him, making your job even harder.
For what amounts to a fairly distasteful concept, Bad Air Day manages to retain a sense of class and lighthearted humor thanks in part to the constant embarrassment of Artie and the dire consequences of failing to clear the air. Each character has a distinct personality that can make life challenging, however being an 'endless' style of game it'd quickly get boring without this difficulty.
Bad Air Day manages to combine an otherwise embarrassingly childish concept with gameplay and style that goes beyond being crass for the sake of it, making this a fun and addictive way to eat up your spare time.
Help aromatic Artie keep his day job in this hilarious and unique gas management game.
Artie's job is to run the elevator at the swanky Le Fumé Hotel and, in order to keep his job, every ride must be smooth and without incident. Unfortunately for Artie, his morning breakfast has led to a bad case of gas! Poor guy… How is he supposed to make it through the day without insulting anyone with his toxic fumes and getting fired?
Join this flatulent faux pas and direct Artie's air attack to the elevator vents and away from the hotel guests. Maneuver the back blast with skill, but watch out as vents switch and guests move about. Keep an eye out for wacky characters including a disco dancer, a snobby heiress, and a fart fairy! You only have three chances before Artie is sent packing. With unlimited levels, 12 side-splitting trophies - including Ninja Beans and Flatural Selection - and a heavy dose of morning thunder, this is one challenge of malodorous proportions Can you survive a Bad Air Day?
• Swipe Artie's air attack toward elevator vents and away from hotel guests.
• Climb as many floors as you can with unlimited levels but only three lives.
• Win 12 side-splitting trophies, including Ninja Beans and Flatural Selection.
• Track your scores on Game Center with friends.
• Universal App will run on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
• Never before seen fluid dynamics game mechanic.
GameHouse Guarantee: We take pride in the loyalty and trust our customers show us when they purchase a GameHouse product. If you are not completely satisfied with your recent purchase, please contact us at [email protected]
What's New in Version 1.2.2Relieve even more pressure with this first big update for Bad Air Day!
* A new leaderboard: the highest floor reached.
* A new character! Beware of the elevator-busting bad luck of the Repair Man.
* Two new achievements to grab, if you possess the mad skills required.
* The Fart Fairy has a new trick! After you have reached the 15th floor for the first time, he will appear in a pink costume. Feed him, and you can initiate the WARP!
* The level transitions get faster and faster the higher you go.
* Toggles for sound and music in the main menu. Although we're sure nobody wants to turn off the sounds.
* You can poke the bellboy in the main menu! This must be the most requested feature of all time.
* A LOT of bug fixes, tweaks and tunes.
Thanks for playing Bad Air Day, and expect more rumbling in the future.