DEAD TRIGGER Review
- Gorgeous 3D graphics and slick, varied environments.
- Easy to pick up FPS controls; KISS style of move, aim, shoot system we've seen many times before.
- Lacks compelling reasons to participate in IAP beyond 'oo, shiny gun'.
- Story sequestered to text prompts between levels; hard to feel invested in the world or its inhabitants.
Dead Trigger pushes the visual boundaries of iDevices, but much like its shambling antagonists there's not a lot going on upstairs.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Zombies, guns, first-person perspective. It's a formula that's hard to mess up and MADFINGER Games certainly doesn't drop the ball with DEAD TRIGGER, a rote, level-by-level approach to shooting the undead with increasingly powerful weaponry.
There is a story buried in here too, though you'd be forgiven for considering it mostly irrelevant as text boxes flood your screen after every story mission, only to unlock more story and side-missions to earn more cash and experience for bigger and better weapons.
Once in a mission it's hard not to be overwhelmed by the slick 3D graphics that look absolutely resplendent on the iPhone 4S and latest iPads; gorgeous lighting, large levels that combine claustrophobic corridors and open areas that scream 'ambush', as well as detailed and smoothly animated enemies are all on show.
Unfortunately the rest of the game, notably the gameplay itself, feels like a hold over from twin-stick shooters - it's all shoot first, ask questions later and pray you get enough cash to upgrade your weapons to survive the next level. Grinding is certainly an option thanks to side-missions, though players can side-step the process thanks to IAP for 'gold', a resource that not only limits your firepower, but also how many weapons and items you can take on a mission, as well as boosts that can reduce their challenge.
It's not that this formula is inherently bad, it's just that it doesn't unlock greater depth or variety in the gameplay beyond giving you new toys and making life easier.
Beyond the presentation of new stages and the occasional new weapon, Dead Trigger lacks a compelling reason to keep coming back for more unless you enjoy slaughtering the undead wholesale.
DescriptionGet ready for Non-Stop Action in this Award Winning Shooter Game:
App Store - Best of the Year
Apple's Hall Of Fame
Over 60 Million downloads
Gear up for some extreme zombie slaying!
- Smash hordes of bloodthirsty zombies
- Secure vital supplies
- Save other survivors
- Protect the Safe Haven
- Explore the city
- Uncover the shocking truth in this intense FPS action game!
Wipe out the horde in a variety of imaginative ways
- Blast 'em out of existence with a lethal arsenal of weapons
- Put them out of their misery with powerful explosives
- Dispatch of the zombie horde with countless creative ways
- Evolving zombie AI will keep you on your toes
Load your gun and shoot ‘em up
- Equip yourself with beautifully realistic weapons - Colt 1911, Scorpion, Striker, Enfield, or a Minigun
- Get stuck in with brutal melee weapons like the Chainsaw, Brain Mill and more
- Utilise powerful gadgets including a laser amputator, blade chopper, baits, mines, grenades, radar and more
- Unlock 13 character upgrades like Radar and Autoheal
New online service from MADFINGER Games
- Receive free updates with new missions, weapons, gadgets, characters and more
- Back up your progress on the Cloud
- Add your friends and more
HOT NEWS: If you love Dead Trigger, don’t forget to check out the sequel, DEAD TRIGGER 2! We’re sure you’ll give it two severed thumbs up. It’s out NOW.
We are happy to share more with you and hear your thoughts! Please follow us at:
What's New in Version 2.0.0Great news, players!
The new Dead Trigger update 2.0.0 has been released.
- Rank up with maximum player rank increased to 60
- Earn improved Daily and Rank up Rewards
- Every weapon now more powerful with a new 4th upgrade tier
- Take on new challenges as the game difficulty is now more balanced
- Enjoy improved aiming and shooting mechanics
- Convert Gold to in-game currency for your upgrades
- Use Gold to unlock Premium weapons sooner
- Earn more real money and get premium content
- Game now works superbly on iOS 11+
- Boosters no longer take up inventory space
- Plus many more awesome UI improvements and bug fixes