Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous Review
- Frentic onscreen action is a feast for the eyes.
- New power-ups are immensely satisfying to use.
- Same excellent tilt controls and exciting gameplay as the original.
- Prone to crashing the menu screen.
- Boss fights are intimidatingly tough.
Tilt to Live 2 is bigger, better - and yes, even more 'redonkulous' - than its excellent predecessor.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Tilt to Live 2 is subtitled 'Redonkulous'. This is quite a boast, especially considering the first Tilt to Live became pretty crazy over the years thanks to a series of bar-raising updates. So, given the twitch-based insanity of the original, could this sequel be that much crazier? The answer is a resounding 'yes'.
Those who have played the original should feel right at home with Tilt to Live 2. As before, you must tilt your iDevice to move a tiny arrow around the screen, avoiding the deadly red dots and collecting flying orbs to unleash destructive hell upon your foes. The aim is to survive as long as you can, complete some achievements, and unlock a bunch of new weapons.
For this sequel, power-up collection is tied to the score multiplier. Ploughing through three or four nukes in a row will double or triple your score. Use the duel lightsabers to trigger other orbs, and that multiplier will begin to soar. Each weapon has a distinctive attack, and using them in tandem to cause grand scale destruction is a delight. The unlockable weapons are fun and creative, and it's well worth complete the acheivements necessary to get them.
Another new edition is the bosses. These have set movement and attack patterns, and often large targets which you need to fly though to beat them. The problem is that you are thrown into these fights with little time to react to the boss' first attack. If you are hit, you don't have the chance to revive yourself with the target minigame, making some of the duels extremely challenging. There are also some weird of framerate issues in the menu, though these don't extend into the game itself.
The original Tilt to Live was a class act, delivering an extremely well polished arcade experience that was eternally replayable. With its sharp sense of style, excellent soundtrack, and the equally addictive gameplay, this sequel carries on that legacy. Grab it post-haste.
Description**Important** Requires at least iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch (5th gen), or newer
Return to a world of fast-paced, tilt-only arcade action! You’ll flee a relentless onslaught of dastardly dots, desperately darting between single-use weapon orbs. Each orb provides a unique burst of fiery relief! Sometimes it’s lasery relief. It really depends.
• Two gametypes: Classic Mode (normal difficulty) and Code Red (too hard)
• A brand new weapon arsenal! Can you unlock them all?
• A new scoring system, powered by tricks you can do with weapons or your arrow
• Diabolical boss encounters
• Flaunt your highscore on your Game Center friends' game over screens! Or be ashamed of it.
• Tons of Game Center achievements, many of which include jokes and humors
• Instantly send score challenges to your Game Center friends, right from the game over screen!
What's New in Version 1.2.9This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- minor fixes