Anomaly Defenders Review
By James Gilmour, on October 8, 2014
Last modified 8 years, 5 months ago
- Publisher: EA Chillingo
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 25 Sep, 2014
- Size: 541.2 MB
- Price: $4.99
- Powers, upgrades, and skill trees make this a far deeper tower defence game than most
- Those Anomaly visuals cannot be beaten
- Exciting and rewarding combat which keeps you on your toes
- Falling back on tower defence mechanics makes the game less unique
- First hour can seem dull if played in easy mode
Sure, it's another tower defence game, but Anomaly Defenders is one of the deepest - and prettiest - TD experiences we've played in ages.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
The Anomaly series made a name for itself by reversing the standard tower defence formula, and putting you in charge of the advancing force you usually find yourself repelling.
However, for Anomaly Defenders, the final entry in the series, the studio has reversed its own genre reversal, ending its tower offence saga with a normal tower defence game.
Has the move unlocked a new dimension to the sci-fi combat favourite, or is Anomaly Defenders one reversal too many? Pocket Gamer's Harry Slater shares his opinion in the video above.
DescriptionDefend the planet in the final battle of the stunning Anomaly series!
"A good-looking deep tower defense game with 24 challenging missions" – Touch Arcade, 5/5
"The most polished and interesting tower defence game we've seen for a good long while." – Pocket Gamer, 8/10
"A fine conclusion to a highly enjoyable series” – 148Apps, 4/5
Protect an alien Homeworld under threat from an invading human counterattack in the closing installment in the Apple Design Award-winning Anomaly series.
THE TABLES HAVE TURNED
Anomaly Defenders is a fast-paced Tower Defense game where you are the alien’s last hope. The human invasion is underway and their invading troops are out to destroy your outposts.
FOR THE HIVE!
Protect the alien homeland at any cost. Tailor your defensive needs using unique tech-tree technologies to develop eight upgradable towers and much more. Repair your towers, make them go berserk, even sacrifice them in explosions that damage human troops. React in real-time to eradicate the invading forces.
• Fight the humans on orbital stations and undiscovered lands – 24 unique levels are waiting for you to protect them
• 8 unique, upgradable towers with tons of tactical functions: Repair, Rage, Explode and many more!
• Explore a full-blown tech-tree to tailor your unique strategies
• Attacking forces can damage and destroy your towers – watch out!
• Outsmart humans by deploying towers that force them to change their tactics
• Three difficulty levels adjusted for both new and hardcore players
Visit the Chillingo room on the App Store to see more of our great games: appstore.com/chillingo
Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.
EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates