Crimsonland HD Review
- Perk system adds a huge amount of tactical nuance and variety to the gunplay
- Blasting beasties is still fun after all this time
- Controls feel initially gluey
- Campaign is less fun that the survival modes
Crimsonland HD is an acceptable twin-stick shooter elevated by a varied and expansive perk system.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Giant spiders. Zombie lurkers. Weird greed lizard men that look like they've escaped from a particularly cheap and wonky episode of Doctor Who.
You'll find all these creatures and more in the iOS port of decade-old twin-stick shooter Crimsonland. And yes, you'll get to shoot them all with a variety of weird and wonderful weapons.
Check out the carnage in Crimsonland HD video review above.
DescriptionThousands of aliens, mutant lizards, giant spiders and more are on the attack - can you survive the onslaught? Crimsonland is an intense and gratifying top-down dual stick shooter from the golden age of arcade action games. Your screen will be filled with literally hundreds of monsters, and must blast them to bits or die trying! Complete sixty quests to unlock a massive array of awesome weapons and abilities, then unleash your arsenal in Survival modes with online leaderboards.
"An easy recommendation to anyone who enjoys shooters or action games in general. It's challenging, fun, and gives you a huge amount of toys to play around with."
- Touch Arcade review, score 4.5 out of 5
"This is gore in the excessively ludicrous, tongue-in-cheek, late '90s sense."
- Pocket Gamer review, score 7 out of 10
- Sixty missions in the Quest mode
- Five survival modes with Game Center leaderboards
- 30 unique weapons
- 55 awesome perks
- 21 Game Center achievements
- MFi gamepad support
- Supports iPhone 6 / Plus resolutions!