- App Store Info
DescriptionWordly (formerly called "Word Nerd" and "Word Up!" - changed due to request from trademark holder) is an addictive word game for your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Keep the suggestions coming!
PC and Mac users might be interested in the computer version of the game at http://marc-abramowitz.com/wordly/ -- it's free, though I ask for a donation if you enjoy it.
Wordly is a simple but addictive word game inspired by Wordsmith on my TiVo® Series 3.
Form words of 3 or more letters using letter tiles. You can use only the tiles in the first row of the board, but each time you use a tile, the tiles underneath it move up and the new top tile becomes available.
The game will end automatically when there are no words left. If you're still playing, then there are words left, though they might be very obscure. If you get tired of guessing, Tap Menu and then New Game to give up on the current game and start a new one.
When the game ends, if your score is in the top ten, then you will be prompted to enter your name for the top score list.
Tap Menu and then Show Top Scores to see the top scores. From the Top Scores screen, you can view the game details for any of the top-scoring games. The game details include a list of all words played for that game; if you have an Internet connection, you can look up words using an online dictionary.
* Changed bug reporting. Previous behavior was to ask users to file a bug when the game ends, which resulted in a lot of invalid bug reports for me to sort through. The new behavior is to allow the user to continue when the game finds no words and then if the user finds a word after that, they are given the chance to file a bug report (so I can figure out why the word wasn't found in the first place).
* Renamed app from "Word Nerd" to "Wordly".
* Online leaderboards and achievementss plus Facebook and Twitter integration, courtesy of OpenFeint.
* Redesigned the menu so that it can accommodate more options without becoming scrollable in iPhone OS 3.0
* Fixed bug that caused the name entry dialog for device high scores to sometimes appear too low, where it could be obscured by the keyboard.
* Shows played and missed words after the game,
* Instructions screen,
* Tap tiles in the current word area to undo them.