t Chess Pro
- App Store Info
DescriptionNote: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, iCloud, AirPrint, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and the iPhone 5's 4" display.
tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
What's New in Version 1.8.2- New “Toolbar buttons” feature allows you to customize the main toolbar
- New (optional) Game Center toolbar button allows you to quickly access the list of turn-based Game Center games
- Fixed a bug that was causing Profile information to be deleted in some cases
- Fixed a bug that was causing tChess to crash in some cases when submitting Game Center moves
- Compatible with PGN files that don’t have spaces between move numbers and moves
- Time controls now carry over to new games
- Shortcut in the Annotation menu allows you to enter a new annotation with one tap