Practise letters with Pip - Year 1
- App Store Info
DescriptionDesigned by teachers to help children enjoy learning beyond the classroom.
Learn to read with Pip is a fun set of curriculum-led phonics games which help your child to enjoy learning beyond the classroom. This app is designed for children moving beyond the early stages of phonics in Reception and starting to master more complex sounds including digraphs (single sounds made up of two letters like 'ai' in 'train' and 'rain').
Your child will develop and improve their reading ability whilst remaining entertained and inspired.
This app will not run properly on an iPad 1.
Pip, our adventurous collector of letters and words, will lead your child through a rigorous series of great games, exciting exercises and cool challenges as they learn to read. Our teachers have created a series of interactive games and specific skill-building exercises which allow your child to build confidence whilst advancing at their own pace.
• 49 fun memory pictures to help your child learn letters and their sounds
• Pip and his world of characters make learning fun
• Practice existing skills and improve your reading ability
• Play with friends and family in our multiplayer mode
• Collect letters and use them to create your own pictures
• Build confidence as you unlock each of the game levels
• Learn by sight, touch and sound
• Correct phonetic sounds for every word
• Reflects Systematic Synthetic Phonics taught in National Curriculum
• Carefully structured and age-appropriate
• Dynamic games keep your child interested
Splat: Choose which object you want to splat and then find the right letter!
Splat the rat: You need to splat the rats who have stolen a particular letter!
Feed the troll: Find the right letter and feed it to the troll!
Match: Pair the correct letter and memory picture to win all your stars and unlock the next level!
Unlock letters: Match the picture to the correct letter to unlock a new letter for your collection room.
Collection room: Collect letters and use them to create your own pictures. Take photos of your certificates of achievement!