- App Store Info
DescriptionStrong free chess program.
* Free, but much stronger than most commercial iPhone chess apps!
* Plays aggressive and dynamic chess, and is not afraid of sacrificing material for initiative or attacking chances.
* Adjustable playing strength.
* Choose between several styles of play: "Passive", "Solid", "Active", "Aggressive" or "Suicidal".
* Big, deep and varied opening book. Choose between three levels of book variety.
* Displays book moves and engine analysis, including search depth, evaluations and main lines.
* Allows you to easily set up board positions.
* Able to think during the opponent's time, for maximum playing strength (disabled by default, in order to save battery life).
* Supports saving and loading games to PGN files, sending games by e-mail, and transferring PGN files between your device and your computer.
* Play against the machine, or play both sides, with or without book moves and engine analysis displayed on the screen.
* Choose from nine piece sets and eight color schemes.
* Complete source code available under the GNU General Public License.
What's New in Version 2.12.0Another bug fix release.
Supporting two iOS versions with subtly different behaviors appears to be too difficult to me. The previous version was broken in both iOS 7 and iOS 8, each in its own way. This version addresses both problems:
* In iOS 8, user input of promotion moves didn't work. Fixed in the new version.
* On iPads running iOS 7, it was not possible to access the white pieces when editing positions, because they had disappeared below the bottom of the dialog. Fixed in the new version.