- App Store Info
DescriptionMoxie is the original word transformation game...EASY to learn, but CHALLENGING to master.
"Can't. Stop. Playing." - Mashable.com
"Phenomenal!" - 148Apps.com
"Every bit of the game is good." - TheAppera.com
Over 500,000 Moxie games have been downloaded and over 20,000,000 games have been played.
HOW TO PLAY
Moxie is all about transforming words into new words. You start with a hand of 52 letters that you go through "Solitaire" style. Place each letter on the board or "Pass". If you "Pass" you can't go back to that letter.
You score points by:
1. Making unique words with the letters
2. Transforming your words into other words by adding and replacing letters. For example: "TIN" becomes "TINE" which becomes "TILE" which becomes "TILED" and so on.
3. Spelling special "Moxie words" for bonus points
Once you spell a word and start transforming it into other words, don't break the word chain! That's a "Twaddle" and you'll lose points.
There's no time limit and while it helps to know a lot of words, Moxie will more greatly reward those who like to think strategically.
- HD graphics support for iPad and Retina displays
- Pick up right where you left off
- Global leader board
- Short tutorial video (no internet required)
- Ergonomic design
- Relaxing and refreshing gameplay
What's New in Version 1.74What's New - Moxie Version 1.74
We had to make some tough choices in this release order to be able to continue improving Moxie.
First we've dropped support for iOS 6. If you have an iOS 6 device and have already downloaded a previous version of Moxie, you should still be able to access the older version of Moxie on the App Store.
Second we've eliminated all color themes except for Classic.
If these changes affect you, we sincerely apologize. However in the coming months we will be working on incremental improvements to Moxie in order to bring it more up to date. We really think you'll like the way things shape up.
Please be patient with us, and thanks so much for making Moxie such a great success over the last few years.