- App Store Info
Description[ The Music Player, Advanced ]
With TapTunes, you will experience your music collection like never before. Touch, tap, drag, shake, swipe, pinch ‒ you've never been this close to your tunes!
By presenting albums visually in a random order, TapTunes brings you much closer to your music than you'd ever get by scrolling through an alphabetical list of artist names. You'll soon find yourself rediscovering old favorites and listening to those forgotten gems lurking around the edges of your music library.
After all, if a picture is worth a thousand words, why let words alone do all the talking for your music?
[ Context Switching ]
Have a long commute? If you listen to audiobooks or podcasts, TapTunes helps by making it dead simple to switch between music, audiobooks, and podcasts. You're never more than a tap away from that thrilling next chapter...or that killer guitar solo. Meanwhile, intuitive gesture controls make controlling your tunes a breeze, so you can keep your eyes on the road while driving.
[ Warning ]
You will be spoiled for other music players. Once you use TapTunes, you won't want to experience your music any other way.
[ Praise for TapTunes ]
"Really impressive, fun and much cooler than the default Music app." - PocketFullOfApps.com
"For music fans, the admission price should be a no brainer." -TouchMyApps.com
[ Features ]
* Five unique browse displays
* Gesture playback controls
* Apple Watch app and Today widget
* Seamless switching between music, audiobooks, and podcasts
* Native sharing to Facebook, Twitter, messages, email, etc.
* Random Album option for when you're unsure what to listen to
* Highly customizable (over 25 settings)
* And more...
What's New in Version 6.2.1Version 6.2.1
- Fixed duplicate albums showing up when filtering by Playlist.
- Album Artist support: it's back and better than ever! Well, as good as ever, anyway. Thanks for your patience.
- Search by Composer: Enjoy all those Beatles covers at once.
- Edge to Edge Landscape Display: nothing but you and your beautiful albums. If this is simply too much browsing pleasure for you, you can re-enable the top and bottom bars in Settings.
- More 3D Touch: now supported in album list and on Artist, Album, and Song search results
- Auto-hide cloud music when you lose internet connection.
Additional Search Improvements
- Gesture-based navigation: Pull down to enter or dismiss search.
- Search filter: filter an album's tracks by your current search (for Genre, Playlist, and Composer searches).
- Your last search filter is always remembered, rather than defaulting back to Artist search on fresh launch.
- New option to disable volume gestures.
- Font choice: don't like Avenir Next? Choose a different font in Settings.
- Album panning tweaks including a subtle parallax effect.
- Backgrounds are slightly more vibrant, while keeping text readable.
- Yep, those too.
- I've removed the Album Shuffle feature (at least for now) since iOS no longer supports it. :_(