- App Store Info
DescriptionPasteCatcher runs a Bonjour client that copies text or image from your Macintosh clipboard to the iPhone pasteboard.
To use this application, please install a pasteboard server from http://ericasadun.com/ftp/pb.
The desktop pasteboard server is called PasteServer. Install it into your /Application folder, run it, and start the server by clicking "Start Pasteboard Server". This starts the Bonjour service used by the PasteCatcher application.
The command line pasteboard server is called pbserver. When run at the Mac command line, (i.e. via the Terminal application), it hosts the same Bonjour service used by this application.
Use either the desktop server or the command line server but not both at once.
* With the server running, copy text (from TextEdit or Mail, for example) or an image (from the Preview application, for example) on your Macintosh.
* Launch the iPhone application.
* The iPhone app queries the Mac server and copies the current clipboard text or image to the iPhone.
* Once received, the application reports the number of bytes pasted and the type of data sent.
* Press the home key and navigate to the application you want to paste into.
* Use the standard iPhone paste feature to access the pasteboard data. For example, you could paste text into Notes or pictures into Email.
WHY CAN'T I PASTE SOUND/VIDEO/ETC?
This release exclusively supports text and image pastes.
WHY ARE YOU CHARGING MONEY?
PasteCatcher is basically a fundraiser. I'm going to charge until I recoup my dev costs for next year.
WHAT IF I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR SUGGESTIONS OR BUG REPORTS?
Please send e-mail to email@example.com and include PasteCatcher in your subject line. Thanks!
What's New in Version 1.5Version 1.5 adds a number of new features.
TYPE DETECTION ROUTINES
When you catch an image, you can now choose to save that image to the photo album directly from the catcher. You can also open URLs from the catcher. All iPhone-supported URL types work including tel:, sms:, http:, itms:, etc.
Text and URLs are previewed in the application's title bar after each catch. This preview allows you to check that you've received the proper item. For example, you might want to be sure you've caught the correct tel:-style paste before opening the URL and calling the wrong person.
With version 1.5, you can choose to re-scan from the program. After each catch, you may "Scan Again" without having to re-launch the application.
Please download the latest PasteServer from http://ericasadun.com/pb to use with this application.