- App Store Info
DescriptionWith 3 modes of play; the option to choose from 6 board sizes; and the ability to use any picture – one of the 100 included with the game, or your own – Tile Madness provides you with an almost infinite number of puzzles at any level of difficulty you wish! Play in swap mode with a 3x3 board and a simple image for an easy game, or create one that is nearly impossible in classic or slide mode with an 8x8 board and a complex image. Play just for fun, or turn on the timer and speed mode and compete with your friends to see who can achieve the best time.
The tile game starts with an image, divided into a number of pieces (tiles). The object of the game is to scramble the tiles, and then move them back into their original position to reconstruct the image.
Swap mode: This is the easiest mode of play; perfect if you are in the mood for a simple game or you have young children that want to try (the programmer's 4 year old daughter loves it!). To solve the puzzle, tap one tile to select it, then tap a second tile and it swaps places with the first. Repeat the process until you have finished the puzzle.
Slide mode: This mode is best described as a 2-dimensional version of a cube puzzle. As you slide a tile, the tiles at the end of the row or column wrap around to the other side. The 3x3 board provides a surprisingly easy game. Get ready for a challenge with larger board sizes!
Classic mode: This mode is the “classic” tile puzzle, sometimes called the 15 puzzle. The game starts with one tile removed. You use the open spot to maneuver the tiles around the board and into their correct position. Increase your level of joy; or frustration!, by increasing the board size.
- 100 images included with the game.
- Use images from your photo albums, or take a picture with the camera on your iPhone.
- 6 board size options from 3x3 to 8x8.
- Speed mode (classic game only).
- Option to track your 10 best times for each game for each of the board sizes.
- Hint button shows you what the solved image looks like if you need help.
- Detailed help provides an explanation of how to play each game mode and explains the various features and functions of the game.
- Pause and resume a game in progress if you need to take a break.
- Games are saved when you exit so if you can't finish a puzzle in one sitting you can continue later.
- All game options are accessible from within the game.