Poker Journal Lite
- App Store Info
DescriptionWARNING: Poker Journal is not currently comparable with iOS 8. Do not upgrade if you need to use this app. The developer is working with Apple to resolve this issue.
Free Lite version of the most popular poker session tracker on the app store.
Lite Version allows you to store 8 cash games and 8 tournaments.
Be sure to watch the YouTube vide demos of Poker Journal. Search for "michaelgoldensw" on youtube.com to find them.
How good a poker player am I???
All of us who play poker should be asking this question of ourselves all the time. Do I do better at Hold'em or Omaha? At the local card room or online? On Tuesdays or Saturdays? Am I making more $ playing cash games or tournaments?
If we knew the answers to questions like these, we would know where, what and when to play to maximize our profits, and where we need to put some extra focus on improving our game. Without thorough record-keeping, it is very hard to answer these questions. With Poker Journal, it becomes easy.
Fully customizable for your poker play, you can configure the games YOU play, the locations YOU play at, the stakes YOU play for and more. Once configured, simply enter each session that you play. You can even set up defaults for cash games and tournaments so entering your data is very quick,
Poker Journal lets you see your data as charts so you can see how well you are doing. You can filter your data based on any of the fields in the data (game, dates, locations, tournament types, day of week, etc ) so you can evaluate your play based on these different criteria. If you would like more advanced analysis, you can export some or all of your data to your desktop to open in your favorite spreadsheet program.
Afraid that you may enter your data just to lose it should you have to restore your device to an older backup? Don't be! Poker Journal allows you to BACKUP your data off of the device (via your email account), then, if you want to restore it, send it back to your device via email, and import all the games you backed up.
- Track Cash Games & Tournaments
- Games (Hold'em, Razz, Omaha 8 for example)
- Stakes (for Cash Games)
- Location Types (online, casino, card room, etc...)
- Tournament Types (Sit & Go, Rebuy, etc...)
- Initial Bankroll
- Setup defaults for cash games & tournaments to make data entry quick
- Track live cash games with timers, pause when you leave the table, indicate if you have additional rebuys, Poker Journal will keep track of the total time and total outlay for your game.
- Filter your data based on:
- Date Range
- Limit Type
- Location Types
- Day of Week
(Additionally, you can combine these criteria, so for example you could look at all the Omaha games you play Online on Fridays. )
- When selecting filters, you can see how many games match the criteria you are selecting (see screen shot)
- Separate overview screens for Cash Games, Tournaments, or All sessions combined.
- Full screen charts by rotating the device to landscape.
- Full manual on device (iPhone/iTouch) as well as links to online manual (for viewing in Safari)
- List view of Cash Games & Tournaments (games displayed in red or green depending if you made profit or not)
- Full game display with all details and notes
- Export data (filtered or unfiltered, Cash Games only, Tournaments only or all games) in tab-return delimited format (requires email account on device)
- Backup data off of the device (requires email account on device)
Please send me email with any suggestions or bug reports. (Thanks for the ideas so far. Keep those great ideas coming! If you email me your feedback, then I can contact you for more information about them.)
What's New in Version 2.5000000- Many iOS7 exposed bugs fixed!
- Full use of iPhone 5 screen
- Much improved Location Editor
- Fixed problems with custom fields not saving
- Delete Location crash fixed
- Delete filter crash fixed
- cash and tourney list don't go under the tab bar
- cleaned up artwork for iOS7,
- crash in live tourney entry fixed
- All layouts needed adjustmentfor iOS7 layout changes.
- Removed filter display from List views (for now)(could not integrate with iOS7)
- Fixed passcode
- Improved look of custom colored button
- Backup file name dialog no longer shows edit field.
- Manu UI improvements still desired with new os