- App Store Info
DescriptionEmail Chess is a correspondence chess game that provides a fun, easy way to play chess by email. Playing friends and family with an iPhone is free, and you can even play friends without an iPhone using the optional Feature Pack.
The Feature Pack, available for in-game purchase, allows your friends to play their turns by using a Mac or PC web browser without having to sign up for yet another account. Playing a turn is as simple as tapping a link from a message in their inbox.
Email Chess is finger friendly and uses graphics designed to fit the full width of the screen. It includes piece movement animations and two easy-to-use methods of moving chess pieces around the board.
* Easy to use: play chess by sending an email directly to a friend. No intermediate websites or account signup required.
* Free for playing chess between friends with an iPhone or iPod touch.
* Beautifully rendered graphics and animations.
* Two methods of moving pieces: Tap-to-Move and Drag-to-Move.
* Available moves are highlighted for beginners.
* Play simultaneous games with one or more opponents.
* Offline play. Great for airplanes!
Feature Pack (Optional, available for in-game purchase)
* Play anyone with an email address and access to a desktop web browser. An iPhone or iPod touch is not required for your opponent.
* Account signup is NOT required!
* Experience a trial of the Feature Pack at http://www.sprybytes.com (desktop browser required).
What's New in Version 2.0.2* Fixed bug preventing promotion of pawn to queen as reported in recent review. Please submit bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org - we are here to help.
* By user request, added game setting to change the start color to either black or white. Setting can be found in the iPhone's Settings app, under Email Chess.