- App Store Info
DescriptionPlay backgammon against the computer or another player using your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Pocket Backgammon features include:
- Advanced Neural Network AI with 5 levels of difficulty.
- One or Two players mode.
- Unique touch controls for fast play.
- Fixed length matches or money session.
- Doubling cube support.
NOTE: On the harder difficulty levels the AI will evaluate positions up to 3 turns ahead and may take a long time to play.
Q: It looks like PocketBG always rolls the dice it needs, is it cheating?
A: Good backgammon strategy is designed to maximize the good rolls for the playing side, and minimize the good rolls for the other side. In other words, after the best play, there will be less good rolls for the other side. If the other side doesn't realize what is happening, then it will seem like a never-ending streak of bad luck. It's not; it's the consequence of good playing.
What's New in Version 1.3.1- Fixed autosave when app goes to the background
- Fixed chequer color changes not taking effect until restart
- Fixed move hints not hiding in some cases
- Fixed hint message being visible during the computer's turn
- Fixed double/resign dialogs flickering in some cases
- Sharper text messages on retina display devices