- Publisher: Learning Games Lab, NM State University
- Genre: Education
- Released: 5 Nov, 2009
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Price: $0.99
- App Store Info
DescriptionThrow on your diving helmet, and head into the depths of the sea! Dive amidst shipwrecks and sunken ruins for the valuable pearls, maybe even the elusive black pearl. But watch out for that pesky electric eel!
* Ideal for middle school and upper elementary students, grades 3-8.
* Addresses number and operations standards established by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), including:
=> Understand numbers, ways of representing numbers, and number systems.
=> Understand and represent commonly used fractions.
=> Understand fractions as part of unit wholes and as locations on number lines.
=> Compare and order fractions, and find their approximate locations on the number line.
* Developed as part of the "Math Snacks" initiative. Other free animations, activities, and games are available through the Math Snacks web site at http://mathsnacks.org.
* Developed by mathematics educators, researchers, and game developers at the Learning Games Lab at New Mexico State University. Games developed by the Learning Games Lab undergo a rigorous instructional design process, extensive user testing, and input from learners, teachers, and researchers. For more information about the NMSU Learning Games Lab, visit http://learninggameslab.org.
Pearl Diver was developed in part under a cooperative agreement from the U.S. Department of Education. However, this does not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. Funded in part by U.S. Department of Education: Award Number U295A050004.