- Publisher: Learning Games Lab, NM State University
- Genre: Education
- Released: 5 Nov, 2009
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Price: $0.99
- App Store Info
DescriptionThrow on your diving helmet, and head into the depths of the sea! Dive amidst shipwrecks and sunken ruins for the valuable pearls, maybe even the elusive black pearl. But watch out for that pesky electric eel!
* Ideal for middle school and upper elementary students, grades 3-8.
* Addresses Common Core standards relevant to the number line and properties of numbers, including:
=> Understanding numbers, ways of representing numbers, and number systems.
=> Understanding and representing commonly used fractions.
=> Understanding fractions as part of unit wholes and as locations on number lines.
=> Comparing and ordering fractions, and finding their approximate locations on the number line.
* Developed as part of the "Math Snacks" initiative. Other free animations, activities, and games are available through the Math Snacks web site at http://mathsnacks.org.
* Developed by mathematics educators, researchers, and game developers at the Learning Games Lab at New Mexico State University. Games developed by the Learning Games Lab undergo a rigorous instructional design process, extensive user testing, and input from learners, teachers, and researchers. For more information about the NMSU Learning Games Lab, visit http://learninggameslab.org.
Math Snack materials were developed with support from the National Science Foundation (0918794). Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation. Some materials were originally prototyped or discussed as part of a cooperative agreement from the U.S. Department of Education (U295A050004).
What's New in Version 2.5* Retina graphics.
* Widescreen iPhone support.
* Improved gameplay.
* Spanish-language localization.