- App Store Info
DescriptionKnighuzzles is a set of fun and exciting knight puzzles that brings challenges and twists to the chessboard. It goes beyond the classical knight's tour problem of visiting all 64 squares once and only once by adding objectives and obstacles. Score points on your journey as your knight moves, collects treasure chests, and captures enemy pieces that are restricting your travel plans. Points gained, time used, and distance traveled all contribute to your knight's ranking thereby allowing game play that makes Knighuzzles fun beyond simply solving the puzzles.
New award challenges provide additional goals for your knight to obtain. Gain as many awards as you can to help unlock the new bonus puzzles that will add even more twists and complications.
* Treasured Lot Trot - Strategically move the knight to all 64 squares and capture treasure chests to gain more points
* Royal Chest Quest - Complete the tour by avoiding the squares protected by the King until he is captured where you can select 1 to 3 Kings to increase the difficulty
* Bishop's Hop Stop - The twists continue as 1 to 3 Bishops stand in the way of the diagonals preventing more squares from safely being visited
* Rank and File Denial - The rank and file attack from 1 to 3 Rooks adds new challenges as you avoid the squares under his grip until he is captured
* Her Majesty's Gambit - This puzzle brings the long reach of 1 to 3 Queens across the ranks, files, and diagonals
* Random Traps and Snares - Challenges increase as this puzzle randomly determines which enemy piece will guard the chessboard. Once you capture an enemy, this puzzle might allow another randomly selected piece to stand guard.
* Double Knight Delight - A second knight on the chessboard that makes similar reverse moves for every move your knight makes challenges you to complete the adventure where both knights visit 32 squares
* Minimum Knight Patrol - Try to arrange a minimum number of knights such that no 2 knights attach each other but still cover all 64 squares of the kingdom
* Twin Knights Fright - Similar to the Double Knight Delight but now random enemy pieces can guard squares that you and your knight's twin must avoid
* Center & Corners Out - In this tour the center and all 4 corners have been taken out as available squares for your knight to travel; complete this adventure by jumping to the remaining 56 squares
* Wormhole Gallop - New twists with a set of wormholes randomly placed on the chessboard as you try to leap across all 64 squares where landing on a wormhole will transport your knight to the location of the other wormhole
* Wormhole Joust - Twist with wormholes plus random enemy protection
New awards have been added to make the puzzles more challenging by providing goals to try to achieve. Can you capture 10 treasures within a single puzzle? How about 10 enemy pieces? Can you solve the puzzle with only 1 second per move? How about solving the puzzle where the last move can jump into the first square visited? Try to obtain these and other awards that will unlock the bonus puzzles.
Knighuzzles has Options that allow you to choose different light/dark square combinations, turn sound on/off, hide/show the available moves allowed as well as which squares are under attack. You can also select other game play aspects for each Knighuzzle such as how much time is allowed or how many attacking pieces can appear at any given time on the chessboard (when applicable). You can also choose how to show the first square visited.
Track your performance within each Knighuzzles by viewing the top 3 results your knight has achieved. Keep track of your highest overall points obtained and the fastest times you needed to complete the full and mini tours.
Test your knight vision and see if you can make it to all 64 squares on the chessboard. Good luck!
What's New in Version 2.0* Awards - This section was added to track the new awards your knight achieves by completing challenges within the Knighuzzles.
* Bonus Puzzles - Collecting awards will unlock the 5 new bonus Knighuzzles that have been added to provide more twists and turns.
* Options - The set of options now includes the ability to choose how to display the first square visited.
* Minor bug fix