- App Store Info
DescriptionWarning! This version of Deduce requires iOS 7.
Deduce is a fun way to learn and visualize the process of logical deduction. It's a uniquely challenging game of deduction (and a small element of luck) played with six-letter words. Deduce a mystery word by exercising both your vocabulary/spelling skills and your ability to make logical inferences. The goal is to discover the mystery word with as few guesses as possible. Deduce acts as an assistant who enforces the rules, provides hints, keeps track of your progress, sets up match games, and awards achievements.
1. Game Center integration. Statistical results, scores, and saved games are associated with the active Game Center player. If you are not logged into Game Center, you may supply your own player name for separate game tracking, or play anonymously. If you use Game Center, scores are reported to Classic, Novice, and Match leaderboards. A Champions leaderboard ranks the overall quality of your play over time. Achievements may be earned based on the quality and persistence of your game play. As you earn Deduce achievements discover 50 19th century literary giants of the western world, who were also masters with words. A portrait medallion is awarded for each achievement -- collect them all!
2. Online Matches will return in a future update. You may play a Deduce match race with an opponent, or challenge a friend by selecting his or her mystery word yourself. If you are not racing to deduce the same word, watch your opponent's game as it's played. Text chat during or after the match.
3. Mystery Word definitions. When you finish a game of Deduce, a definition of your mystery word is provided. Increase your vocabulary as you play more games.
4. Game records. Mail beautifully formatted PDFs of your games or matches to yourself or others, or print your games using AirPrint.
5. Global settings. Use the Settings App to specify global options for Deduce, such as autosave (which automatically saves a limited or unlimited number of your completed games).
6. Easy access to social media. Find a particular game really challenging? Post it to Facebook or tweet about it to your friends.
7. Improvements to the user interface, improved marking and unmarking, and easier game play. Use letter dials or the keyboard to enter your guesses. On an iPhone or iPod touch, pinch/spread the guess list to enlarge it for easier manipulation. On any device, swipe across the guess list to eliminate or restore guesses with no hits. Reorder your guesses at any time.
What's New in Version 3.01Note to users running prior versions of Deduce with iOS 7: due to an unfixed Apple defect in iOS 7, arbitrary sequences of letters may be accepted as guesses. A work-around in the iOS 7 version of Deduce fixes this; please upgrade to the latest version of Deduce (3.01).
Ignoring Game Center login also fixed with this release (3.01).
Deduce 3.0 & 3.01—Now completely re-imagined for iOS 7!
Starting with our new icon featuring the master of deduction, Deduce 3.0 sports a lighter, more intuitive look and feel, and many new features including:
• A new puzzle form of Deduce. Since the words you need to discover the Mystery Word have been preselected, it's a great way to visualize the logical implications of a choice while learning the mechanics of proposing or eliminating letters.
• Easier game play. A greatly enhanced Suggest button is available whenever you have trouble thinking of a possible word, but it comes with a price! Each suggestion you request lowers your potential score. Also, you may now manually reorder your guesses to keep related words or hit counts together as the game progresses.
• Better layout and arrangement of game controls, particularly when played on an iPhone or iPod Touch.
• More ways to save, manage, and share your game experience.
• Tap Sherlock whenever you need advice or encouragement.
• Optionally use one of your own images as the backdrop for your game play, with included iOS 7 motion effects.
A temporary restriction in this new version: multi-player mode has been disabled. Not many of you have been using it, and we think we know why! Look for a significantly enhanced multi-player capability in a free future upgrade.
It's now easier than ever to rate or review Deduce (first, sign in to Game Center, then from Deduce, tap Menu->Game Manager->Player->Leaderboards and select your choice of stars). Let us know what you think of the changes and particularly the new Deduce Puzzles.
Enjoy! And let us know if there are other features you would like to see in future releases. Visit us at www.ObviouslyGenuine.com.