- App Store Info
DescriptionRUNNING iOS 6? Make sure you are running iOS 6.0.1! There is a bug in iOS 6.0 related to Wi-Fi networks!
Other problems? Check the following manual:
If that doesn't help, you can review the older manual which has specific network setup information in it:
Some people have had success when adding a subnet mask to their network settings for the hardware device; others by setting a static IP address.
Rev is THE premier iOS application for auto enthusiasts. Rev monitors, records, and displays real-time data by interacting with your car's onboard diagnostic system. It can also check and reset "Check Engine" lights, trouble codes, and much more! DO NOT BUY THIS APP UNTIL YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. You *MUST* purchase an extra hardware device for Rev to work. The following devices are compatible:
- Kiwi Wifi, PLX Devices (www.plxdevices.com)
- ElmCanII-WLAN, CarCode-Muller (www.obd-2.net)
- OBDKey WLAN, KBM Systems (www.kbmsystems.net)
2. DevToaster *CANNOT* issue software refunds.
3. Before purchasing Rev, download Rev Lite from the App Store, to check compatibility with your car and with your OBD-II device. Rev Lite is a free, but limited, version of Rev which will show you which OBD-II metrics are available. Unfortunately, we are not able to tell you which metrics are available for your specific vehicle.
4. Further information, including the FAQ and the Rev manual, is available at: http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/
Rev 2.0 has a great suite of features:
- Display up to 5 metrics with Rev's customizable, drag-and-drop interface.
- Store details about your vehicle so Rev can accurately calculate horsepower and other metrics.
- Give any metric a redline value.
- Show values using metric or imperial units.
- Automatically adjust the minimum and maximum value displayed on a gauge.
- Check, translate, and reset engine trouble codes.
- Log data based on time or GPS coordinates.
- Record, display, and chart your cornering, braking, and acceleration G-forces.
- Help perfect your cornering habits by using the device's GPS to learn about your acceleration and braking using the GPS Track.
- Save time and money and check your emissions before going to the shop! Readiness monitors include 11 vehicle tests that your vehicle must have "ready" before it can pass emissions tests in most states. Rev will tell you which tests are supported for your vehicle, and whether or not they are ready. Some great info can be found here: http://www.wivip.com/monitor052108.pdf
- Use Rev to connect to PLX's extensible iMFD sensor system.
- Monitor the following metrics (availability depends on the vehicle itself):
Fuel Consumption (may be inaccurate or unavailable on some diesel vehicles)
Boost Pressure (may be inaccurate on piggyback turbo systems or unavailable on some VW cars that advertise boost exclusively on proprietary protocols)
Engine Coolant Temp
Calculated Engine Load
Intake Manifold Pressure
Air Intake Temp
Mass Air Flow
EVAP System Vapor Pressure
Proud Winner of the 2009 Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Award!
"In the automotive sphere, there aren't nearly as many quality applications and even fewer that can deliver the information most gearheads crave. Thankfully, DevToaster has answered the call with Rev." -- AutoBlog
"For any car enthusiast with an iPhone this is a really cool and useful app." -- mp3Car.com
"This is by far the ultimate performance application." -- Auto India Magazine
As seen in:
- AutoBlog: http://bit.ly/1IRFGw
- The New York Times: http://tinyurl.com/rev-nytimes
- Motor Magazine: http://tinyurl.com/rev-motor
What's New in Version 2.0.2+ Re-enabled support for iPhone OS 3.0
+ Improved support for certain hardware configurations
+ Stability improvements