- App Store Info
DescriptionToast Tools has features that are useful to Toastmasters and other speech clubs. It can be used to time a speech and register different grammar counts for the speech. It features:
* Tracking of data for multiple speakers and speeches in different tabs - to support reporting of grammar counts and times taken per individual speech/speaker during the evaluation session.
* Saving of counts and times and the date/time when they were recorded, for later reference (e.g. for club minutes)
* A "new result" flag to help locate new results
* Flexible ways to add a speaker, including
- Choose a speaker from your contacts, which may be the case for a fellow club member.
- Add a name to your contacts and register that new contact to be the speaker.
- Directly type in speaker names, for instance for drop in guests.
* Option of timing a speech by time range, for instance 1-2 minutes, 5-7 minutes, or custom ranges.
* Timing rules and green, yellow and red timing indicators based on the actual length of the speech.
* Qualification and disqualification timing indicators.
* Support for grammar counters:
- correct use of the word of the day
- incorrect use of the word of the day
- use of ah's and um's
- use of other fillers
* "Plus" button to increment a count
* "Minus" button to reverse a miscount
* Large buttons to make it easy to register a count
* Clear button to reset the time and counter for the current tab
Toast Tools will help you in your role and increase your effectiveness in speech clubs. It will also help your fellow members. You can also use it when practicing to time your speech and track counts. With the help of Toast Tools, the timer can even double duty as the grammarian in smaller speech clubs