- Publisher: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- Genre: Navigation
- Released: 17 Apr, 2010
- Size: 72.1 MB
- Price: $49.99
- App Store Info
DescriptionWith NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes
- Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE map material with coverage for:
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The in app purchase option FreshMaps provides quarterly map updates for at least two years. The service uses trusted, field-verified, and quality-controlled map and points of interest updates from NAVTEQ® to make sure the NAVIGON app provides the most accurate and reliable directions possible. This saves you time and headaches on the road.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.9.1- Enhanced contrast of menus if "reduced transperency" in the iPhone's accessibility settings is turned to ON
- Various small improvements and bug fixes