iModeling - Skills for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- App Store Info
DescriptionApril is Autism Awareness month and on April 2 the whole world promotes awareness through World Autism Awareness Day!
To help promote Autism Awareness our app is for free all day on April 2!!
iModeling app is a Video Modeling app designed to teach a variety of skills to people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other disabilities of any communication skill level.
Based on research into Video Modeling conducted by Autism SA and the Disabilities Research Unit at the University of Adelaide in Adelaide, South Australia, you can use iModeling to create videos to teach skills to a person who is a visual learner. You can teach almost any skill using iModeling including literacy skills, compliment giving, play skills, turn-taking, fitness skills, conversation skills and day-to-day life skills.
Research behind iModeling shows that:
• Video Modeling can teach social skills to people with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other disabilities.
• People can retain the skills taught .
• They can utilise them in other settings, such as home and school.
• People most likely to respond to Video Modeling are those who enjoy being filmed, or who like watching themselves or others on film.
• Video Modeling generally has been shown to have success for children, teenagers and adults.
The iModeling app is designed for making videos anytime, anywhere. Just record your own footage (or use existing footage on your camera roll) and edit the footage. Then, follow the 5 easy steps to create your own video model:
1. Create a title.
2. Record and edit your footage.
3. Add a reward image for watching the video model.
4. Assign the video model to a specific child account.
5. Review and save your video model, ready to use.
More information can be accessed at www.imodelingapp.com
The iModeling Project is funded by two grants from the Telstra Foundation over six years.
iModeling is on Facebook and Twitter - @imodelingapp