Roman army fortifications in Britain. Hadrian's Wall - Virtual 3D Tour & Travel Guide of Banks East Turret
- App Store Info
* Top 10# in Entertainment Category in Japan!!!
* Top 100# in Entertainment Category in 54 countries including: the United States, the United Kingdom, Italy
Read what the critics are saying about
* ...perfect mix between entertainment and education in the same time... BestNewEduApps *
* ... have fun and learn about the Roman Army greatest fortification system... Best iOS Apps Magazine*
Virtual Heritage presents "Hadrian's Wall. Banks East Turret", third Virtual 3D Tour over the most interesting places along the Hadrian's Wall. This time we're in Cumbria, and visit the so-called "Turf Wall" and the turret built by roman soldiers from the Sixth Victorious Legion (legio VI Victrix).
"Banks East Turret" app is powered by Unreal Engine technology and is an awesome new way to experience Hadrian's Wall, one of the wonders of the ancient world. By using Epic Games' award-winning, most advanced game engine, viewers can freely visit this 3D reconstructed monument in their own pace in engaging and educating way.
Hadrian's Wall is the most important monument built by Roman army in Britain and was the most heavily fortified border in the Roman Empire. Roman emperor Hadrian came to Britain in 122 AD and ordered the construction of the most ambitious fortifications ever built by Romans - a 120 kilometers long defensive wall across the entire country with front ditch, Military Way and imposing earthwork called the Vallum. For almost 300 years, Hadrian's Wall was the Roman Empire most imposing frontier.
"Hadrian's Wall. Banks East Turret" app is a real-time virtual tour over 3D reconstruction of the turret and adjoining stretches of the Wall as it may looked like in 125 AD. If you want to feel like one of the roman soldiers from "ala II Asturum quingenaria" ( auxiliary cavalry unit ) patrolling the Wall, this app is for You.
* Powered by Unreal Engine
* Detailed 3D reconstruction of Banks East Turret based on latest archaeological excavations
* Guided Virtual 3D Tour of one of the turrets built by legio VI Victrix
* Great for kids as a supplementary history lesson (no Ads, no In-App Purchases) Just let Your child explore our 3D reconstruction as any other FPS game level
If You like the app, please rate it. Thank You