- Publisher: Chimera Software, LLC
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 27 Aug, 2010
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Price: FREE!
- App Store Info
DescriptionFrom the creators of Starbase Orion, the premier 4X space strategy game for iOS, comes a space survival game that will have you firing your turrets and scrambling your fighters to protect your starbase from swarms of enemy invaders.
Starbase Command is a strategy game which puts you in control of a starbase on the fringes of the Empire. Your goal is to survive for as long as possible, driving up your score as you build new defenses and destroy incoming waves of enemies. Merchant vessels bring in much needed wealth to fuel your endeavors. Starbase Command is game of economy, of learning what to build and when, and in what order. It is also a game of tactics, of knowing what enemies you should destroy when.
Watch the gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-VHvOR1sCI
"This game is very addictive ^^" MichelG, user comment from Touch Arcade
"This game is really a gem for me under the iPhone games. My favorite games are Spaceminer, Rimelands, Warpgate, Angrybirds, Settlers Star defense, Fly Kiwi, Galaxy on fire (2). I give this list so you guys can see how good this game is according to me because Starbase Command belongs in this list with my favorite iPhone games." - Wilbair, user comment from Touch Arcade
"Really fun and simple game to play." 1body4u, user comment from iTunes
"Brilliant game, already had new updates and now hanging out for more!!" Bladeslapper, user comment from iTunes
"If you like Spacestation HD, this is recommended. Same defend base concept, but different gameplay and style." Jadis777, user comment from iTunes
What's New in Version 1.3.2Thanks everyone for the great feedback! Here is what's new:
Remember, if you like what you see make sure to review Starbase Command with each update. Your 5 star ratings help ensure more free content updates!
*** GAME BALANCE CHANGES ***
• Changed the navigation algorithm for enemy ships. On certain map configurations, the ships would bunch up in a long line to be easily slaughtered by the player one by one. Now they will navigate around each other in order to get closer to the starbase. This should help even out the game experience.
• Increased the maximum and minimum distance ships spawn away from the starbase.
*** NEW ADDITIONS AND FIXES ***
• There is now an 5-dot indicator at the bottom of raider facilities; when a squadron is destroyed and the rebuild process begins, a white dot is drawn for every minute of rebuilt time that has passed. When it gets to 5 white dots the rebuild process is finished and the new raider squadron will automatically be launched.
• You can now turn on display of unit health bars. There are two bars; blue is shields and green is hull.
• You can now set music and sound levels. Turn off the music to listen to your own background music.
• Fixed a typo in help; mining facilities really do only cost $4000 now ( thanks for the heads up helpful-you-know-who-iTunes-user-commenter! )
• Updated the help section with information regarding the decoy turret
• Upgraded to the latest version of OpenFeint
• Added some crash diagnostics code to help catch certain crash bugs