- App Store Info
DescriptionIf you like brain teasers and problem solving in general then you will love MindTrainer!
MindTrainer extends the classic 15 Puzzle - the sliding puzzle which drove the entire world crazy already in the 19th century. Besides allowing to set a puzzle size different from the classical 4x4, it introduces several innovations.
+ Fixing Tiles => You can choose a (variable) number of tiles which cannot be moved. This makes solving the puzzle a lot more interesting and funny… but also more difficult :-)
+ Colors => The tiles are colored according to the distance between their current position and the position in the target configuration. This allows you to understand on the fly how far your current configuration is from the target configuration.
+ Ordering Style => Various tiles ordering styles (e.g. spiral) are possible besides the classical style.
+ Audio => An audio with the content of the tiles (i.e. alphabet letters or numbers) can be optionally played when the tiles are pressed. This allows your kids to learn the alphabet letters, numbers and their order in an easy and playful way.
* Demo1 (duration 2:18) => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPGOo71NaIY (with fixed tiles)
* Demo2 (duration 2:41) => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpJzE8HfCU
* Demo3 (duration 2:36) => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxN6j03CpzU (use case for children)
* MindTrainer is suitable for all ages. It aims to improve a variety of core cognitive skills like
- speed and flexibility of thinking.
* Children can easily learn the first numbers and alphabet letters also thanks to the audio feature.
* You first define the number of tiles (i.e. the puzzle size), the content type displayed on the tiles and their ordering style.
* Optionally, you can define a number of tiles which cannot be moved.
* Then the tiles are mixed and a tile is removed from the puzzle. A neighbor of the removed tile can be moved at its place.
* The task is to move the tiles until the target configuration is restored.
* Compare your best scores with those of your friends or of the Game Center Community.
* Bobby Fischer, one of the greatest chess players of all time, demonstrated in front of the public to be able to solve the 15 Puzzle (4x4 size) in the record time of 25 seconds. With MindTrainer you can beat this record thanks to the highly reactive touch screen of your device! The competition is open: who will be the first to beat the record? Game Center will show it…
* A guide for children ready to teach them in a playful way numbers and the alphabet!
* Or a perfect entertainer during waiting times!
Detailed description available at http://sites.google.com/site/mindtrainerapp/