Kids On The Farm
- App Store Info
DescriptionKids on the Farm is a fun game for small children that uses animals to teach numbers, colors, patterns, size, and animal sounds. The game play and the graphics were specifically designed to be easy for children to use, so they can play/learn mostly without the help of a parent (though parents often find it fun to help, too!). As your child plays the mini-games and gets the right answers, Kids on the Farm advances with them, presenting more difficult problems for them to solve. With each success, your child is rewarded by a child's voice saying "Great Job!". If you have more than one child, each child's progress is tracked individually. If you have any questions about the game, please contact us at email@example.com; we're eager to help!
Kids on the Farm is a universal application: buy it once and use it on all your devices (iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad).
Each Kids on the Farm mini game starts with instructions spoken by a child. The mini games include:
* Touch 5 Ducks - At the start, a small number of ducks (or other animals) is shown, and your child is asked to touch them. As each animal is touched, the animal moves to the top of the screen and is counted. As your child succeeds, he or she is asked to touch more animals, and eventually several types of animals are shown, so that he or she must choose the correct animals. This game teaches number recognition, counting, and animal identification.
* Touch the Yellow Animals - Several animals are presented, and then your child is encouraged to touch the animals of the right color (not just yellow, but also brown, white, and pink); when touched, the animals make the appropriate sound (the cow moos). This game teaches children to distinguish different colors, and about animal sounds.
* Touch the Big Animals - Animals of two sizes are shown on screen, and your child is encouraged to touch the big animals. As he or she succeeds, more animals of both sizes are included. This game teaches children to distinguish between large and small objects.
* Help the Babies Find their Moms - A favorite among the children in our testing groups, this game shows several large animals (moms) and small animals (babies), and asks your child to help the babies find their moms. Children intuitively touch and drag the baby animals to their moms, and are rewarded with the animal sound when they do so. This game teaches children about size, color, and animal sounds.
* Which Animal Makes this Sound - Another favorite among early users, this game shows multiple animals, plays a sound made by one of the animals, and asks your child to choose the animal that makes that sound. As your child advances, more animals are presented.
* Which Animal Comes Next - Two animals are shown in a pattern, such as 1 duck, 2 sheep, 1 duck, 2 sheep, and your child is asked to choose which animal comes next. As your child learns to solve these patterns, the number of animals in the pattern increases and the game becomes more challenging. This game teaches about patterns, a key element in early logic and math.
What's New in Version 1.1- Kids on the Farm is now a universal app, so it will run on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- Improved sound playback to avoid overlapping sounds
- Fixed some minor bugs