Sikhism & Islam
- App Store Info
Description☻What is Sikhism & Islam ? is an invaluable application that you can now download onto your iphone.
DEFINITION OF SIKH AND SIKHISM
The word ‘Sikh’ is derived from the word sisya meaning disciple or follower. Sikhism is a religion of ten Gurus, the first Guru being Guru Nanak and the tenth and the last being Guru Gobind Singh. The sacred book of Sikhism is Sri Guru Granth also called Adi Granth Sahib.
One of the famous couplets of Sant Kabir is:
"Dukh mein sumirana sabh karein
Sukh mein karein na koya
Jo sukh mein sumirana karein
To dukh kaye hoye?"
"In times of trouble, God is remembered by all
But none remembers Him during peace and happiness.
If God is remembered in good times of happiness
Why should trouble occur?"
Compare this with the following verse of the Qur’an:
"When some trouble toucheth man,
He crieth unto his Lord,
Turning to Him in repentance:
But when He bestoweth
A favour upon him
As from Himself,
(Man) doth forget what he cried
And prayed for before,
And he doth set up
Rivals unto Allah."
The Sikh scriptures therefore emphasise monotheism and God-consciousness.
*Introduction to Islam
* Islam is a Semitic religion, which has over one billion adherents all over the world. Islam means "submission to the will of God". Muslims accept the Qur’an, as the word of God revealed to His last and final prophet, Mohammed (peace be upon him). Islam states that Allah sent messengers and prophets throughout the ages with the message of Unity of God, and accountability in the Hereafter. Islam thus makes it an article of faith to believe in all the earlier prophets, starting with Adam, and continuing with Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, John and Jesus amongst many others (may peace be on them all).
** *CONCEPT OF GOD****
The Most Concise Definition of God
* Surah Ikhlas - the touchstone of theology
* What does Islam say about ‘god-men’?
* By what name do we call God?
* God does not take human form:
* God does not perform ungodly acts:
* God only performs Godly acts:
* Philosophy Of Anthropomorphism
* The Creator prepares the instruction manual
* Allah chooses Messengers:
* Each attribute of God is unique and possessed by Him alone:
* Unity of God
***Surah Ikhlas - the touchstone of theology: Surah Ikhlas (Chapter 112) of the Glorious Qur’an, is the touchstone of theology. ‘Theo’ in Greek means God and ‘logy’ means study. Thus Theology means study of God and to Muslims this four line definition of Almighty God serves as the touchstone of the study of God. Any candidate to divinity must be subjected to this ‘acid test’. Since the attributes of Allah given in this chapter are unique, false gods and pretenders to divinity can be easily dismissed using these verses. Thirdly: No one will be saved on the Day of Resurrection except those who used to worship Allaah truly and sincerely. After death Allaah will resurrect His slaves and call them to account, rewarding or punishing them according to their deeds. No one will be saved on that day except for those who used to worship Allaah Alone. The rest will be gathered into a Hell, a terrible fate! The creators of this app have endeavoured to make this app of great importance and high quality. Also coming soon many more useful applications from Pearls Productions uk Insha-Allah.
Also coming soon many more useful applications from Pearls Productions uk Insh-Allah.
★ Subscribe to new updates and our upcoming apps by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or send us your feedback at email@example.com