NIV Plus BibleReader
- App Store Info
DescriptionBibleReader™ lets you explore the Bible on your iPhone and carry your Bible study library with you wherever you go. BibleReader™ offers powerful features for Bible reading and study, advanced personal customization, 100+ titles for free download.
This application includes the NIV Plus Bible, as well as offering access to all Olive Tree free titles.
• Bookmark your favorite verses. Make personal notes. Create files to sort and store them. A great organizational tool for study, personal devotions, or sermon preparation!
• Split screen reading lets you view two books at once. You can compare Bible translations, view study notes, or read commentaries and reference books side-by-side with Scripture. Sync the windows so they scroll together for easy reference and comparisons.
• With 3-touch Verse Chooser, you can navigate quickly and easily to the exact Bible verse you want by touching book, chapter, and verse.
• Quick, powerful searching lets you find words, phrases, even search in Greek and Hebrew!
• Scripture and other works are stored on your phone, so you don't need a continuous Internet connection. You have full access to your library even when you’re in airplane mode or out of wi-fi range.
• Copy a verse into notes, email, chat—anywhere inside or outside of BibleReader™.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR READING
Make your electronic reading and study experience just right with BibleReader™’s many customizable options.
• Choose where to open notes, Strong’s numbers, or search results—in a split screen, the same screen, or a popup window. Customize your popup windows with colors, transparency, and animation styles.
• Top and bottom toolbars auto-hide for full screen reading.
• Up-down flick scrolling or left-right scrolling gestures—your choice.
• Read vertically or switch to landscape mode for wider pages. Choose auto-rotation lock to keep the screen in the orientation you’ve chosen, even if you move your device.
• Choose from 19 different fonts and pick the right size for easiest reading.
• Customize your colors for text, background, notes and hyperlinks, and the words of Jesus. Set separate colors for each reading window or popup window.
What's New in Version 5.0.2New User Interface
* New visually rich user interface
* Quickly switch between recently opened and favorite books
* Browse your library in both the realistic bookshelf view and the fast list view
* Quickly jump to close verses with the new verse chooser
* Change to a new verse with either the grid or list
* Browse history by date or by book
* Helps you easily access the content in your library
* Quickly find commentary and map hits on the Bible passage you are reading
* Look up people, places, and topic on a passage
* Easy to use cross references
* Quickly see outlines, introductions, and other Bible translations for the passage you are reading
* Configure the resource guide to work the way you want
* Cloud sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights between your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and http://sync.olivetree.com
* Open and edit your personal notes in the split window
* Verses in your notes are now hyperlinked to open the verse reference when you tap on it
* Added book ribbons to easily track your last reading location
* Tag annotations for convenient organization
* Sort and search annotations
* Now you can bookmark, highlight, or copy any piece of text
* Search for selected word(s)
* Lookup selected word(s) in all dictionaries
* Lookup selected word(s) for people, places, and topic matches which will link you to cross references, maps, and images
* Search results now display in an easy to use list
* Filter search results by book of the Bible
* Filter search results by a range of books of the Bibles
* Create your own search range
* Search History
* Advanced Search commands
* Assign actions to gestures to quickly access your most commonly used features
* New color chooser to customize the text colors
* Toggle notes and highlights on/off in text