Chronicle - Journal and Writing Notebooks
- App Store Info
DescriptionA place for concentration, privacy, and deliberate single-tasking. The focused writing of dedicated writing apps plus a page-turning reading experience.
NOTE: If you ever encounter sync issues with iCloud or see the "Loading..." screen, try the fixes here: http://bit.ly/sync-help
Keep a set of journals for everything you write. Easy backups and export options protect your writing. Quick search helps you find things fast, even if you write every day, year after year.
- With iCloud sync, your writing is on all of your devices automatically.
- Need bold, italics, or headings? Try the Markdown feature, and give your plaintext some style.
- Your writing is fully searchable and search remains fast even with years of heavy writing.
- Backup and export options; you should never have to worry about losing memories.
- Create notebooks as needed
- Fast search by word, phrase, date
- Set writing reminders
- Passcode lock for privacy
- Autosave and undo support
- More than a dozen fonts, 3 of them custom
- Adjust font size, shade, and screen brightness
- Select notebooks and mail their contents
- Single entry export
- Support for printing entries
- Copy a single entry to the pasteboard as text or HTML
- Automatic backups if using Dropbox
- Use iCloud to keep your journal on all your devices
- Supports Markdown and renders inline
- Keyboard keys for moving the cursor with ease
- Works with external Bluetooth keyboards
- Insert timestamps into your writing - you can pick the timestamp format!
- Clean, fullscreen reading layout
- Flip the page, read naturally
- Adjust the date format at the top of the page
- Easy on the eyes; increase the font size as needed
- Universal app runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Retina ready
- iCloud keeps your writing updated everywhere
- Backup to Dropbox or iTunes File Sharing
- Automatic backups with Dropbox
- Can import backup files from the original Chronicle and Chapters apps
Choosing a journal, a cradle for your thoughts, can be difficult. The original Chronicle for iPad (read about it in Dr. Mac's Incredible iPad Apps book!) has a few more fun features and supports photos. This version focuses on writing, nice typography, Markdown, and automatic backups. You can import your writing from the original Chronicle for iPad easily. My goal is to make sure you can look back on what you write years from now, so getting data in and out of the app is easy.
Every copy comes with great personal support. I'm happy to help.
Need photos? The focused writing and reading of Chronicle 2 may not be for you; instead, take a look at the original Chronicle for iPad.
What's New in Version 1.0.2- Fixed a crash that happened when paging beyond first or last page in iOS 6
- Fixed a bug related to undo while editing
- Fixed an autosave issue
- Fixed an authentication bug that affected users without the Dropbox app