Oxford English Dictionary for Schools
- App Store Info
DescriptionYou can now access over 150 years of language experience at your fingertips with the new Oxford English Dictionary for Schools app.
Oxford School Dictionaries and Thesauruses are trusted, accessible and up-to-date. All content is backed by a unique database of many millions words, and based on real language students use. All our unique dictionaries contain:
* Relevant age-appropriate language
* Support for language development and writing skills
* Example sentences and real context showing how words are used in practice
The Oxford English Dictionary for Schools app is an ideal language reference tool for school and at home, aimed at students aged 11-14. Containing over 90,000 words, definitions, example sentences, synonyms, word origins and language notes, this app supports secondary school students with their creative writing, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and grammar, and inspires them to become more confident writers.
A dictionary application from Mobile Systems with licensed content from Oxford University Press.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The Oxford English Dictionary for Schools app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover more about language with the ‘Word of the day’ feature
* See words in context with example sentences from popular children’s books and teenage fiction
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give the opportunity to use newly learnt words