Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd edition
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe Cambridge Idioms Dictionary explains over 7,000+ idioms currently used in British, American and Australian English, helping learners to understand them and use them with confidence.
You'll find clear explanations and example sentences for every idiom, as well as a topic section covering useful language areas like agreeing and disagreeing, telling stories, etc.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like 'Hangman', 'Word scramble' and 'Anagrams' give the opportunity to use newly learned words
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS:
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at [email protected]
What's New in Version 7.4.2* Completely redesigned user experience for faster navigation
* Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
* New camera search feature looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
* Fun ‘Word of the Day’ feature
* Performance improvements