- App Store Info
Description★★★★★ Use your finger as a pickaxe, dig tunnels and guide the Micro Miners to the Gold, Silver and Coal deposits. Where's my lemmings?
★★★★★ Description :
Microminers is an arcade-puzzler which revolves around the control of a vast horde of tiny miners. The screen is constantly scrolling downward, and it’s your job to collect all the available deposits of gold, silver, and coal that you see. Any missed resource represents a strike, and the level is considered failed if you miss three chances to collect. Further adding to the chaos is the fact that any miner left behind is lost indefinitely to the black nothingness beyond the screen.
★★★★★ Gameplay trailer http://youtu.be/5yPURv6E0wQ
★★★★★ Awards :
- Listed in Best Games Of The Year 2012 on Toucharcade.com and Touchgen.com
★★★★★ Reviews :
- Toucharcade.com 4.5/5 : ❝There is so much to love about Micro Miners❞
- Touchgen.com 4.5/5 : ❝Micro Miners is one of the biggest surprises of the year that came out of nowhere. Unique intensely satisfying gameplay paired with a cool presentation makes it one of those games that should be part of all iOS collections.❞
- Pocketgamer.co.uk 9/10 Gold award ❝It's fun, and perhaps more importantly, it's unique.❞
- Tuaw.com ❝Game of the day❞
- Gametrailers.com ❝App of the day❞
- iPhoneItalia.com ❝We talked about Micro Miners a few weeks ago, but then we had no idea of the masterpiece that was hidden behind this release. ❞
- Markus Person (creator of Minecraft) email about the gameplay trailer : ❝Haha, that looks cool! :D❞.
- My mum : ❝This is beautiful my son. What is it exactly?❞.
- My grandpa : ❝Instabuy❞.
- My wife : ❝Hmm why not, as long as it pays the bills. And my new shoes.❞.
- Bob, miners leader : ❝Come on lazy guys, let's dig.❞.
- Lemmus, lemmings leader : ❝Worst casting decision ever. I mean, we're just a thousand times better than those micro miners. Just. Give. Us. a Pickaxe.❞.
★★★★★ Fun Facts :
- The game is inspired by a small java game called Miners4K that Markus Person (aka Notch, the creator of Minecraft) made in 2006 for the Java 4K challenge.
- The development of the game started in 2010 on an iPhone 3G.
- @Notch tweeted the micro miners gameplay trailer on September 8th 2012 ( http://bit.ly/UFfJ1Y ). Well the video was private, bad luck. I made it public 2 hours later, it was enough to drive 10,000+ views.
- "Haha, that looks cool! :D", that's what Markus replied by email after I sent him a link to the trailer.
- In this game you will find 323 gold deposits, 207 silver deposits, 181 coal deposits and 997 diamonds.
- A micro miner is 14 pixels tall.
- The game was first rejected by an Apple reviewer for "too much pixelated graphics". The appeal board proved me right 15 days later.
★★★★★ Features :
- 3 maps, 40 levels.
- 40 collectable items to improve your miners team.
- 21 animated tutorials/demo
- Bonus levels, Powers ups, and Score bonuses.
- Unique gameplay.
- Original soundtrack by Jon Baken (the half of Georges & Jonathan).
- Compatible with iPhone 3GS+, iPod 3rd gen+, all iPads.
- Optimized for iPhone 5 screen size.
- 5 Game Center leaderboards.
- Record and share in-game videos.
- Goodies, surprises.
What's New in Version 1.0.2A micro update :
★ Fixed rare crash in the core game engine
★ Fixed rare crash in the more games screen
★ Last level of 1st world a bit easier (slowed down)
Micro Miners was featured in many "Games Of The Year 2012" lists (toucharcade touchgen). I plan a major update (survival mode) for 2013. Happy 2013!