Duck Duck Moose Reading HD
- App Store Info
DescriptionAn award-winning app based on Common Core State Standards, Duck Duck Moose Reading teaches phonics and reading skills in a fun zoo-themed adventure. With word and letter activities, kids learn by playing with flamingos, monkeys, lions and more. Keep track of progress through a new parent reporting tool. AWARDS: Parents’ Choice Gold Award; Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award. AGES: 4-7.
PLAY CATEGORY: Early Learning/Curriculum
9 ACTIVITIES BASED ON COMMON CORE STANDARDS
- Letter-sound and word activities
- Recognizing and naming lowercase letters
- Demonstrating knowledge of letter-sound correspondences
- Isolating and pronouncing sounds in CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words
WORDS & LETTERS: Teaches phonics through 9 different activities
- Learn the letter sounds for all consonants, short vowels and long vowels
- Practice spelling consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) words
PARENT REPORTING: Includes a new reporting tool so parents and teachers can see how a child is progressing
DEVELOPED WITH EDUCATORS:
- Developed in conjunction with Stanford University Educator, Jennifer DiBrienza, PhD in -
Early Elementary Education and former NYC public school teacher (K-Grade 2)
- Tested extensively in Kindergarten classrooms
COMMON CORE STANDARDS: RF.K.1d, RF.K.2d, RF.K.2e, RF.K.3a, RF.K.3b
ABOUT DUCK DUCK MOOSE
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational apps for children, was founded in 2008 by three parents who share a passion for children, education, music, design and play. To date, we have created 16 top-selling titles and have won 15 Parents’ Choice awards, 15 Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Awards and a KAPi award for the “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show. We work with educators and play-test with children to ensure our apps are frustration-free for little fingers and full of the whimsy, wonder and educational content for all to enjoy.
What's New in Version 2.0.1Updates and fixes for iOS7.
To see all ratings and reviews for this app, please select ALL VERSIONS.