Let's Play Guqin!
- App Store Info
DescriptionThis app is a simulation of the real 7-strings Guqin[古琴]. Get to know this Chinese ancient stringed musical instrument in the most intuitive way on iPad/iPhone. Recommend on iPad!
# Features of this app:
- Use fingers' various changes on the strings to play Open String, Harmonics, Sliding Tones and String Stopped - the same as playing a real Guqin!
** 5 demos of basic playing techniques, from step-by-step watch the demos to play it by your own.
** Choose between two Guqins with different timbres.
# About the Guqin
Guqin is a quiet and special musical instrument with a very long history. Since it was invented, hundreds of fingerings and various playing techniques have been developed. Basically there are three kinds of sounds by different playing techniques:
- Open string: pluck the string with one hand. The sound is scattered and open.
- Harmonics: touch the string with the left hand but lift quickly, also pluck with the right hand. The sound becomes clear and crisp.
- Pressing the string with the left hand, pluck with the right hand. in the moment can do more with the left hand to create special sound effect, such as Stopped-string, Sliding-tones... etc.
# Demo videos of this app please visit:
What's New in Version 1.21) Sound improvement for clarity & sustain; also louder than previous version.
2) Improvement for stopped/hold sound.
#Tips: (left hand) KEEP pressing a string for a little longer will create stopped sound or hold open-string; press but LEFT QUICKLY will create normal harmonics or sliding tones.