- App Store Info
DescriptionCook up fun and learning in Grandma's Kitchen! Bake together some compound words, snatch healthy veggies hiding in the fridge, and use ingredients to make and decorate a cake. This dancing Grandma needs you to spot the differences between the desserts, count by tens to tally the cookies, and choose the clock that shows when your cake will be done. Plus, watch videos of real-live cooking action alongside dear ol' Grandma! For ages 4-7.
Editor's Choice Award - "Cute and fun!" - Best Apps for Kids
Top Pick - "A great app for young learners" - Smart Apps For Kids
Editor's Choice Award - "An excellent investment" - Children's Technology Review
Parents, teachers, and kids are raving about Grandma's Kitchen. Find out why!
EIGHT ACTION-PACKED MINI-GAMES!
1. Spot the Difference. One of those desserts has an extra chocolate chip... can you spot the one that is different?
2. Word Bake. Let's put the dough words on the pan to see which ones bake into compound words!
3. Utensil Patterns. Figure out which nutty utensil comes next in the pattern.
4. Food Math. Wow, look at all those pickles! Count by tens to find out how many there are!
5. Pick the Clock. Our cake will be done at 3:00! Can you find the clock with that time?
6. First Letters. Can you find the first two letters in the word "snack"?
7. Fridge Fun. Those fast-moving veggies are hiding in the fridge… put them in the bowl, but don't grab the junk food!
8. Equal Parts. Which pie is cut into equal parts?
+ Eight educational mini-games.
+ Seven videos of real kitchens in action.
+ Fun interactive add-ins: wash dishes, make and eat a cake, give Grandma a kiss, lick the spatula, read along.
+ Colorful graphics, professional-quality music, sound effects, and voices.
+ Dancing, animated Grandma!
+ Adult can select which mini-games are active.
+ 20 fun facts about food, cooking, and healthy eating.
+ Developed by an Educational Psychologist and parents. Tested by children.
+ Consonant blends: fl, sp, gl, gr, fr, br, st, dr, bl, cr, br, pr, sn, and pl.
+ Telling time: analog clock to the hour
+ Colors: orange, purple, brown, green, yellow, pink
+ Vocabulary: over 100 kitchen-related words (e.g. spatula, vanilla, ingredients, etc)
+ Healthy eating: identify unhealthy foods, eat a variety of foods
+ Compound words: over 30 words (e.g. oatmeal, seafood, cookbook, etc)
+ Math: numeral recognition/counting: 1-30, counting by tens, addition, identify equal parts of a whole
+ Pattern recognition (AB, ABC, ABCD, ABA, ABBA, AABB)
+ Observation skills (spot the difference)
+ Reading: word tracking, phonemic awareness, sight words
Fairlady Media is committed to developing high-quality family-friendly games that provide excellent entertainment value. Please contact us if you have suggestions for improvement or to get technical issues resolved: [email protected]
If you choose to allow your children to use your iPhone or iPod Touch, we recommend that you keep your device in a protective cover and supervise your children at all times. :)
Other kids’ games by Fairlady Media:
+ Grandma's Garden (dancing Granny teaches preschool skills, ages 5 & under)
+ Grandpa's Workshop (high-fiving Grandpa teaches primary skills, ages 2-6)
+ Grandma Loves Bugs (adventure into the forest to learn about creepy-crawlies, ages 5 & under)
+ Grandpa In Space (blast off in your custom rocket to explore the solar system, ages 6-8)
Links that take the user outside the app are contained behind a Parental Gate.