- App Store Info
DescriptionSeaQuest is a feature richt marine application designed for skippers and marine enthusiasts, that provides real time passage information and greatly enhances safety on-board.
Developed and tested on a real sailing yacht, SeaQuest makes use of a combination of the iPad's internal GPS and Compass sensors to provide instant data on current position, speed over ground, course and heading plotted on a stylish MFD.
But this is just part of it; SeaQuest can also connect to your boat's systems via an NMEA-to-WiFi bridge, collecting real-time data from multiple onboard sensors and an AIS receiver in order to display accurate information about your position, speed, depth below keel, wind speed/direction and surrounding marine traffic amongst other things.
- NMEA on TCP and UDP interfaces
- IP Multicast allow multiple instances of the app to connect to the same onboard systems
- Loxodromic and Orthodromic mathematical models
- NMEA 0183 support for VDM, RMC, GSA, GSV, GLL, VTG, GGA, HDT, HDG, VHW, DBT, DPT, MWV , MTW and RMB sentences
- Distance and speed units selection
- Support for Portrait and Landscape orientations
An advanced Multi Function Display (MFD) with:
- GPS Position Information
- Speed Over Ground, Course Over Ground, Heading
- Speed over Water, Depth Below Keel
- Apparent and True Wind Speed and Direction
- Beaufort Scale Estimation on screen
- DTW, BTW, XTE and VMG when next waypoint is available
- Dynamic zoomable range from 1NM to 10000NM+
- Moving map with North-Up, Course-Up and HDG-Up
- Built-in world-wide map for use when offline/offshore
- Arc mode for increased visibility of what lies ahead
- Plotting of AIS targets including ships, navigation aids, shore stations and Search and Rescue (SAR) aircrafts.
- On-Map measurment of range, bearing and ETE to any given point
- AIS vessel information including Name, MMSI, SOG, COG, RNG, BRG
- Advanced calculation of CPA and TCPA to any AIS ship
- Selection of rhumb-line or great-circle navigation
- Mercator Projection
Plus an AIS engine with:
- List of all surrounding AIS vessels sorted by distance
- Detailed AIS information on vessels including all static and dynamic performance indicators (MMSI, position, SOG, COG, country, dimensions, ...)
- Display of broadcasted and directed AIS safety related messages
- An NMEA decoder to interface with onboard AIS receivers