- App Store Info
DescriptionSeaQuest is a feature richt marine application designed for skippers and marine enthusiasts, that provides real time passage information and greatly enhances safety on-board.
Developed and tested on a real sailing yacht, SeaQuest makes use of a combination of the iPad's internal GPS and Compass sensors to provide instant data on current position, speed over ground, course and heading plotted on a stylish MFD.
But this is just part of it; SeaQuest can also connect to your boat's systems via an NMEA-to-WiFi bridge, collecting real-time data from multiple onboard sensors and an AIS receiver in order to display accurate information about your position, speed, depth below keel, wind speed/direction and surrounding marine traffic amongst other things.
An additional complimentary and free cloud-based AIS Internet service allows you to see marine traffic in any part of the world where there is coverage, even without having an AIS receiver on board, or to follow any vessel of your choice. Providing there is an Internet connection, you can even do it from the comfort of your home.
- NMEA on TCP and UDP interfaces
- IP Multicast allow multiple instances of the app to connect to the same onboard systems
- Loxodromic and Orthodromic mathematical models
- NMEA 0183 support for VDM, RMC, GSA, GSV, GLL, VTG, GGA, HDT, HDG, VHW, DBT, DPT, MWV , MTW and RMB sentences
- Distance and speed units selection
- Support for Portrait and Landscape orientations
An advanced Multi Function Display (MFD) with:
- GPS Position Information
- Speed Over Ground, Course Over Ground, Heading
- Speed over Water, Depth Below Keel
- Apparent and True Wind Speed and Direction
- Beaufort Scale Estimation on screen
- DTW, BTW, XTE and VMG when next waypoint is available
- Dynamic zoomable range from 1NM to 10000NM+
- Moving map with North-Up, Course-Up and HDG-Up
- Built-in world-wide map for use when offline/offshore
- Arc mode for increased visibility of what lies ahead
- Plotting of AIS targets including ships, navigation aids, shore stations and Search and Rescue (SAR) aircrafts.
- On-Map measurment of range, bearing and ETE to any given point
- AIS vessel information including Name, MMSI, SOG, COG, RNG, BRG
- Advanced calculation of CPA and TCPA to any AIS ship
- Selection of rhumb-line or great-circle navigation
- Mercator Projection
An AIS engine with:
- List of all surrounding AIS vessels sorted by distance
- Detailed AIS information on vessels including all static and dynamic performance indicators (MMSI, position, SOG, COG, country, dimensions, ...)
- Display of broadcasted and directed AIS safety related messages
- An NMEA decoder to interface with onboard AIS receivers
- A complimentary Internet cloud-based AIS receiver
And much more to come ...