- App Store Info
DescriptionIt is incredibly cute, it makes you happy and it’s your baby! But to become a successful ballerina or a brave fire fighter, it has to get a lot of sleep, just as its proud princess and astronaut parents do. When frequent wakings and crying interrupt the rest phases and wear you out, though your baby has been fed and changed and you can’t see any reason for this happening, BabyMute can be a good help:
- It reacts to your baby crying and optionally moving by playing sounds you select or record
- Sensitivity is easily adjustable
- Five sounds to calm your baby are included. Even real mother sounds!
- You can easily record and add your own sounds
- Select go-to-sleep music or sound CDs from your music library.
- Add different sounds / songs to a playlist
- Profiles allow you to choose and save different settings according to location and occasion (car, bedroom, etc.)
- You can use the timer feature to make BabyMute automatically turn off in the morning.
You sometimes forget that a baby has by no means been surrounded by silence for nine months. The quiet we as adults consider to be ideal to get some restful sleep is new to a baby. Before it was born, your baby was used to hearing your heart beat constantly, so many noises from inside you were familiar to it and the monotonous rush of your blood meant security and comfort.
This is why many babies in the first months of their lives find it hard to fall asleep, wake often and start to cry without an obvious reason. Some mothers then sit down next to the baby’s bed with a hair dryer or resort to the humming sound of the turned-on vacuum cleaner.
The secret behind this concept is called white noise and is, in terms of physics, simply a noise across all frequencies, similar to the sound on TV when no programme has been selected. It makes the newborn baby feel secure and blankets the unfamiliar sounds surrounding it. Your baby must learn to get to know the outside world and familiar sounds can help.
What's New in Version 2.0.0- The design now matches iOS7
- You can now send recordings to your friends and family
- You can now import sound files into the app
- It's possible now to deactivate entries in the playlist without deleting them
- Minor changes and bugfixes