- App Store Info
DescriptionThis app is a database of interesting, historical, and humorous quotes about nearly every topic.
Impress your friends with your quick access to interesting quotes many topics from science, world history, literature, philosophy, and many others.
Quotes are stored internally, not online, so it's great for offline viewing.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all quotes. The top 100 quotes are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove quotes, and access quotes you added using My Quotes.
- Rate quotes on a 5-star system.
- Mark your favorite quotes, and them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any quote to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your quotes, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any quote in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- "View All" quotes for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of quotes.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one quote to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this world history quotes database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the quote. For example, you may want to keep some notes about how to "present" the quote for maximum impact. Or, perhaps you would like to keep track of where you heard or read the quote.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read that quote you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE FREE for apps created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this app comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public universities, and public domain archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates at [email protected]